Chimay Road Race 2018

bobsnew

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am interested in attending the Chimay road racing Belgium this summer, having never been before, anyone else had experience of this venue, there is little information available, I am considering camping, what dates are best, where to stay, any idea of costs etc ?

I have been there a couple of times and enjoyed it. Can't help with camping as I stayed in Hotel Moulin de Boiron, 5575, Gedinne. Cost about £230 for three nights B&B. The hotel was by a lake and had an open fire by the lake. Lots of other people who were going to the races stayed there.

I have booked a Hotel about 20 mins away, found it quite difficult to get accommodation, taking wife, so camping wasn't an option. Going over on the Thursday and coming back Monday. Never been before, but looked like it might be a good weekend.

I have been there a couple of times and enjoyed it. Can't help with camping as I stayed in Hotel Moulin de Boiron, 5575, Gedinne. Cost about £230 for three nights B&B. The hotel was by a lake and had an open fire by the lake. Lots of other people who were going to the races stayed there.

Thanks for that, i spoke to a fellow biker who was enroute last year and said it was like the I.O.M 50 years ago that appealed to me, not much information on the event on the net, do you pre-book tickets, I want to stay as close to the event as possible ?

You buy the tickets in the nearby town and then ride down to the track.

Thanks for that, i spoke to a fellow biker who was enroute last year and said it was like the I.O.M 50 years ago that appealed to me, not much information on the event on the net, do you pre-book tickets, I want to stay as close to the event as possible ?

Found finding accommodation actually in Chimay impossible, so had to look at surrounding area, most hotels were booked, I got the last room in the place I'm staying

Found finding accommodation actually in Chimay impossible, so had to look at surrounding area, most hotels were booked, I got the last room in the place I'm staying

Useful to know thanks

buy your ticket on the website and camp at the venue. along side the track . you can have a look round the pits and stroll round the inner track ,great place to watch from .

buy your ticket on the website and camp at the venue. along side the track . you can have a look round the pits and stroll round the inner track ,great place to watch from .

Thank you I will have another look :thumby:

A crowd of us have visited Chimay over a dozen times now, you will not be disappointed - great racing & a 1950's vibe. You buy your tickets in the street on the way to the event, try & park in the free car park near the pits.
Personally I would not camp at the circuit as it is very primitive.

We normally stay in Robechies about a 10 minute ride away - We camp or use the cafe called Mon Reve. rather basic but good food & very friendly.
Have a great time (You will)

Thank you I will have another look :thumby:

If you go down to the circuit and turn up the track by the side of the fire station, you can camp in the field next to the main straight alongside the bridge; camping used to be part of the entrance fee; so was effectively free. We always use the municipal campsite in the town centre up by the hospital that we always book well in advance. We have been every year since the endurance racing stopped at Spa. All can say; is turn turn up with your tent; you will find a little spot somewhere; and I guarantee it will be an eye opener.:beerjug: Another little tip; try to get down on the Thursday; because by Friday it's filling fast.

A crowd of us have visited Chimay over a dozen times now, you will not be disappointed - great racing & a 1950's vibe. You buy your tickets in the street on the way to the event, try & park in the free car park near the pits.
Personally I would not camp at the circuit as it is very primitive.

We normally stay in Robechies about a 10 minute ride away - We camp or use the cafe called Mon Reve. rather basic but good food & very friendly.
Have a great time (You will)

This venue appears to be a well kept secret, weather permitting it looks very promising .

Chimay Camping

Well I am on my way, I have taken the advice of booking early, Ville de Chimay reserved, happy days.

Well I am on my way, I have taken the advice of booking early, Ville de Chimay reserved, happy days.

Can't fault yer; you will be in for a very enjoyable weekend; everything is so laid back and stress free. The first time you see fans clamber onto the track to walk to the next viewing place , you will be gob smacked. Just listen for the marshals whistles telling you to get back over the fence because the next race has started and all will be well.:D:beerjug:

You’ll love it. We’ll be stopping at the municipal campsite so we get decent toilets and showers plus it’s only a short walk to the Queen Mary in the evening.

It’s worth walking round the circuit and abusing the local hostelries (including beer tents) as you go along. Last year there was a converted VW camper set up as a mini bar selling all the varieties of Chimay beer so we abused that one big time :beerjug:

One last thing; it’ll rain, it always rains so take an umbrella :D

Chimay was the planned destination for the Belgian fuck up.

We didn't make it, hope you have better luck:blast

All comments are very encouraging, I may bump or trip over one or two of you, sounds like my kinda bag :beerjug:

Just a quick reminder that this is getting closer and you’ll only kick yourselves if you leave it until the last minute and crossings are more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom