Cotswold campsite recommendations?

deksawyer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Me and the missus fancy a week in the Cotswolds with our big tent, and I'd just like to ask for some recommendations for a nice campsite.

Are any areas better than others?

cheers

Deek.

Do you want a farm type setting, village with pub or town?

Looking at the link above, the 2 near Minchinhampton would be okay - small town nearby and great views on top of the common. One has Alpacas, the other donkeys!

Best roads are around Stow on the Wold - Tewkesbury to Burford via Stow is a regular Sunday ride for me. There is one on this route near Alderton which has a couple of pubs within walking distance. http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=4722

There's also one in The Reddings, Cheltenham, 500m from the new town built by BMW. You can go there to blag a free breakfast and fill your pockets with posh bikkies. Walk over to the National Hunt pub in Benhall for decent ale and cheap food. I used to live in this part of town - one of the better parts of town and I miss the NH as my local pub.

Cheers wessie, that's good info. I think a small village, with a pub etc is required.

We're going in the car, so no need for ace roads, although I will earmark some for future return on the bike, alone.

Best so far is Field Barn Park near Bourton-on-the-Water.

D.

We're booked into Field Barn Park from the 23rd. Looks like an awesome, no frills and more importantly, an adult only site - no kids.

I'm really surprised how much and how close things are in the area..and there's loads of little quirky "museums" nearby. Bourton on the Water is walking distance as well.

Looking forward to it, but I hope it cools down a few degrees by the time we get there.

D.

Back
Top Bottom