Dual clutch transmission for bikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratblue

genoQian
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My very own recording studio! (South Wales).
Hi All.

Not sure if this is the right section for this but I've got a BMW M3 with a Dual Clutch Transmission with the flappy paddles behind the steering wheel and the shifts are very fast and smooth, has there ever been anything like this for bikes (I know a lot of mopeds are totally auto)? I can see the point of the manual clutch if you're drifting the rear into the corner like Mark Marquez or Stephan Peterhansel, but for a road going spod like myself wouldn't it be pretty good? The only time I've ever used the clutch without changing gear is to save myself from low siding outside Wood Green Bus depot. I do remember seeing something on Youtube about a guy who fitted something like this to his GS a couple of years back but I can't find it now.

Thanks.

DCT on Honda’s has been around since about 2010

Never heard of any problems with them and I don’t even think I’ve ever seen a negative opinion by anyone who’s tried one

I’ve had a DCT Crosstourer and a DSG Scirocco and the bike box is far quicker than the car box

Loads of Hondas have DCT - NCS 750, NCX 750, new(ish) Africa Twin, VFR1200, etc etc... BMW do (or did?) a couple of go faster (expensive) scootays with (I think) auto boxes but not sure if they're double clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom