Zumo 660 losing waypoints and shaping points created in Basecamp

fantic156

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Route created in Basecamp. Sent to Device Nav 5 Internal memory. All ok

Send to 660 tried both internal and SD card memory. Import data, calculating routes etc all ok.

Check route and only 13 of 22 wayponts have been calculated into the route.

Tried on 2 different 660 same result.

Tried a route with 30 shaping points and only 23 calculated into the route.

Checked for conflicts on routing profile and maps. I can't see any difference.

All software and Maps up to date.

Exported data to SD card then checked data stored on SD card with Basecamp (before disconnecting 660 and allowing files to be imported and calculated). All looks fine.

As soon as routes are imported and calculated on the 660 it all goes belly up.

I'm lost.

Anybody got any ideas?

Travelling up to Wales tomorrow but would like to solve this tomorrow eve at Hotel, I can then load routes onto bikermates sat navs.

Have found a workaround by importing waypoints as favourites but would appreciate a proper solution as have a big trip to Picos and Pyrenees in June and more than one sat nav with the routes would be useful.

Waypoints, as opposed to un-announced shaping points, will always appear as favourites.

The only reason I can guess at at the moment, is that there is some fundemental difference in the set-up of the 660 over that of your Nav V. I create routes in BaseCamp and can send / run them on assorted other Garmin devices, usually without a problem. Where problems do occur with others using them is almost always down to the way their device is set up or operated.

Is the 660 full of other ‘stuff’.

When trying to answer questions like this, it’s much easier if:

1. We are given the actual routes, so we can run them too

2. We are given clear screen shots of the problem

We have until June to solve the problem

GPX attached.

May be not.

The GPX file is 585.9 KB. Limit is 151.4 KB

Its only a 300 mile route around North Wales for the Welsh Rally with 22 waypoints and half a dozen or so shaping points. Should it be that big.

How can I load a bigger file?

Host large(ish) files on Dropbox or something similar and share the link to us.

Or try compressing / zipping it first, to see if that brings the file size down.

Progress.

Conversation with Garmin today. They can't explain whats going on and was refereed higher up the technical chain, but they still cant work out what is happening and where struggling to find a 660 to try things out on. They have a copy of the GPX on dropbox.

Garmin suggested that as 660's are quite old now, I download Mapsource and try transferring to device using this.

This didn't work straight away.

Long story short.

Basecamp download map used by 660 (2018.2)

Select Route and recalculate with 2018.2 as map.

Save route.

Load Mapsource.

Open saved route.

Transfer to 660.

Tried it twice and worked twice so fingers crossed a work around has been found, ugly but hey ho.

On the road to finding this, opening the gpx in Mapsource, that hadn't been recalculated in Basecamp using 2018.2 (Nav 5 Map is 2018.3), the same issue of loosing Via points was repeated.

The 660 recognises that a different map has been used to create the route(2018.3) recalculates the route and that's when it all goes wrong.

Hopefully this makes sense but literacy isn't my best subject.

Might have a play later trying the to transfer the 2018.2 calculated route using Basecamp.

Works with Basecamp. You just have to make sure route is calculated using the 660 maps rather than the Nav 5 maps before transferring to device.

Fantic156 that’s it in one. Have posted elsewhere about this, when doing routes for my 590 and the Mrs 660 I have a file for each copy initial route and recalculate with mapping for unit. Works every time. Glad you found a solution. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom