Bluetooth headset advice

alfie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Im looking for a bluetooth headset that i can link with my iPhone for music and to my garmin sat nav. i don't need coms or the phone, and id like to be able to hear it above 70. any recommendations please

freecom 1, Or sena smh5, Both affordable units .

I have similar needs as you, phone, Satnav and music and dont care about anything else. The Cardo Q1 gives you everything you need and nothing you dont. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cardo-Scal...=UTF8&qid=1525505635&sr=8-1&keywords=cardo+q1

There is an FM radio included as well, and I like this although its sensitive to the ariel (which I think is in the earphone leads).

I purchased an additional fitting kit and now use it on two helmets (my commuting helmet for my scooter and for my full face for the bike).

Haven't had any issues with lack of volume, and I wear moulded earplugs on the bike, and no earplugs on the scoot.

I did try an integrated Schuberth bluetooth collar for a C3 pro helmet, but had various issues with the helmet so have reverted back to the Cardo Q1 on my Arai.

Hope this helps.

RBW.

I had a sena before and struggled to hear music above 50 and it was turned up
And I won’t need the mike do you have to have it

Scala Rider Q1 for me. Simple and works. Had it in several helmets over the last 4 years, with no issues hearing at up to ban speeds. Currently in a Shoei Neotec, which has the space either side for the speakers. Really neat install. I pair my iPhone to my Nav 5 and Nav 5 this the Scala. The Nav 5 streams music, turn commands and phone calls.

+1 for the Freecom 1. I chose the Freecom (2 in my case) over the other units on the market because my research revealed the others I considered don't appear to be truly waterproof, it's newer tech and it has a genuine 10hrs plus battery life (probably more if you're just listening as the transmitter is usually the power hungry bit).

looking at the freedom 1 will it fit a shoei neotec and do i need to fit the mic I'm not intending taking calls

Back
Top Bottom