KTM 350 FREERIDE.

Own a 350FR. Love it. Mate has had two. Loves them. One may be for sale shortly as he doesn't need two.

Ignore the 450 boys "that ain't no proper bike". Like all 'big' bikes are perfectly reliable...that's a joke for sure!

The Freeride 350 is brilliant for trail riding. Only issue has been fuel tank pressurizing when hot but I resolved that with a £2 fix and it's perfect now.

Depending on the age of your lad....I'd get a trials bike first. If only I had my time again...hey ho! The trials bike I had was a Montesa cota with a seat. I bought a special seat that had storage space for more fuel as that's the only issue trail riding (potentially). Or you take a tube and siphon some from your mates 450 when he's all worn out and you want to stay out longer, which you'll be able to do because the Mont is so playful. Learn off road skills on that and ignore anyone and everyone who tries to convince you otherwise. Do a year or two of 'learning' the skills that you'll drop into a bigger bike.

Or....get a Freeride 350. For lanes you won't need the power upgrade, it's pointless. I bought a 250 2-stroke and hated it. Hate them. The 350 is brilliant and sits in between a trials bike and a full fat machine. If you want to fly through the air and go motocross the don't buy a FR. If you want a right laugh doing the lanes and woods then get one, but consider a Montesa first, I wish I had.

Back
Top Bottom