KTM 350 FREERIDE.

Burty99

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying the 350 freeride...has anybody ridden one?..
What do you think?..:)

Underpowered with poor brakes and weak suspension but still very capable in the hands of an experienced rider

If you can find one that has had all these 'issues' addressed then fine

If not, and your budget stretches that far, you can get the all new Freeride 250F for a shade under £5500 which is a much better bike :thumb2

They don’t seem to like water either

Ive known a couple of chaps with them, and there are a myriad of issues with them (this may have been sorted on newer models of course).... personally i would stay clear

Don't bother............any that have ridden with me haven't finished the day's ride and had to be recovered

Thanks for replies...what price should my son expect to pay for a 2013 350?
Posted in ktm section.:bounce1

Underpowered with poor brakes and weak suspension but still very capable in the hands of an experienced rider

If you can find one that has had all these 'issues' addressed then fine

If not, and your budget stretches that far, you can get the all new Freeride 250F for a shade under £5500 which is a much better bike :thumb2

I've always really like the 'concept' of the bike for laning; a proper green lane bike rather than full on (that nobody needs) enduro. I didn't know they'd brought out a 250........you've got me thinking now :)

Andres

I've always really like the 'concept' of the bike for laning; a proper green lane bike rather than full on (that nobody needs) enduro. I didn't know they'd brought out a 250........you've got me thinking now :)

Andres

I thought you'd given up green-laning?

After having quite a few Betas I would recommend a X Trainer.

2 stroke , but very capable. 2016 was a superb model. 2017-18 Only minor issues with water getting into diodes and capacitors. Easily sorted.

New is £5700 ish. Italian made More and more on the trails. Look up Beta X Trainer on You Tube

They don’t seem to like water either

I had a very lucky escape with my 500EXC regarding water. I rode into a Ford which I’d ridden through previously and was very quickly up to my waste with the majority of the bike submerged.

After pulling it out I thought there would be no way it would start but it did almost straight away and was back on the back wheel in no time as if nothing had happened

There must be some sort of protection against water entering the air intake which works very well

I had a very lucky escape with my 500EXC regarding water. I rode into a Ford which I’d ridden through previously and was very quickly up to my waste with the majority of the bike submerged.

After pulling it out I thought there would be no way it would start but it did almost straight away and was back on the back wheel in no time as if nothing had happened

There must be some sort of protection against water entering the air intake which works very well

Protection?

Nah you were very lucky

Efi dirt bikes are a complete pain if they take in water - so much to strip out

Carb bikes are so much easier

The 2 we drowned were carb but electric start only with no kicker

Both batteries went flat quickly so battery swapping was needed - another pain

Never buy a dirt bike without a kicker

I thought you'd given up green-laning?

Awwww c’mon man, surely you know by now how fickle I can be :D

Dunno really, I think I’ve just got turned off it by having and going out with people on big enduro bikes, plus I’m shit off road......I think the idea of a light, non intimidating but ultimately capable small dirt bike could get me enjoying green laning again - like I said, it’s got me thinking........

Andres

Back
Top Bottom