Thinking of this as next bike

The R 9 T is a great bike.Good looking,good sound and compared to the Guzzi,Triumph or even new Kawasaki Z900RS the R 9 T engine has some beans to make it fun to ride...:thumby: Not to forget the hassle-free driveshaft.I have long legs with 36 inseam and the R 9 T is for me all day comfortable too.
Wunderlich just came out with solo and dualseat that is 1 inch taller/better padded but I don't need it.
Only thing I don't like are the tubed spoke wheels on the R 9 T that have to be replaced for tubeless ones...IMHO.
While the cheaper Pure,Racer,G/Scrambler come with TUBELESS cast or spoked wheels !
For that reason next time I probably would buy the Pure and save some money and put the original rev counter with gear indicator on it.
And one more fact the Pure with 17 inch cast wheel is more fun to ride because much quicker steering than the G/Scrambler with the taller 19 inch front wheel and lazier steering geometry...
Get one while you can because in 2020 with EU-5 regulations it will be all over with aircooled motorcycle engines that make some power and sound like motorcycle engine should sound...
I also have a GS-LC and R 9 T;the perfect combination...:thumb

The R 9 T is a great bike.Good looking,good sound and compared to the Guzzi,Triumph or even new Kawasaki Z900RS the R 9 T engine has some beans to make it fun to ride...:thumby: Not to forget the hassle-free driveshaft.I have long legs with 36 inseam and the R 9 T is for me all day comfortable too.
Wunderlich just came out with solo and dualseat that is 1 inch taller/better padded but I don't need it.
Only thing I don't like are the tubed spoke wheels on the R 9 T that have to be replaced for tubeless ones...IMHO.
While the cheaper Pure,Racer,G/Scrambler come with TUBELESS cast or spoked wheels !
For that reason next time I probably would buy the Pure and save some money and put the original rev counter with gear indicator on it.
And one more fact the Pure with 17 inch cast wheel is more fun to ride because much quicker steering than the G/Scrambler with the taller 19 inch front wheel and lazier steering geometry...
Get one while you can because in 2020 with EU-5 regulations it will be all over with aircooled motorcycle engines that make some power and sound like motorcycle engine should sound...
I also have a GS-LC and R 9 T;the perfect combination...:thumb

Thanks for that, never had a bike with tubed tyres, well not for 30 odd years that is. Is it a problem ? I really don't fancy having to get new wheels. Pick mine up Saturday.

Tubed wheels are heavier because of the additional tubes.Make the bike steer slower.If you have a flat tire it becomes a problem trying to get the tube out to fix it if you don't have a centerstand...tubeless R1200R cast wheels will fit on the R Nine T build up to 2016.
From 2017 on you will need the R Nine T Pure/Racer cast wheels because of the smaller ABS ring.
Besides this you will love the bike !
If you want to stay with the spoke look and want tubeless wheels Alpina and Kineo make these for the R Nine T...

Tubed wheels are heavier because of the additional tubes.Make the bike steer slower.If you have a flat tire it becomes a problem trying to get the tube out to fix it if you don't have a centerstand...tubeless R1200R cast wheels will fit on the R Nine T build up to 2016.
From 2017 on you will need the R Nine T Pure/Racer cast wheels because of the smaller ABS ring.
Besides this you will love the bike !
If you want to stay with the spoke look and want tubeless wheels Alpina and Kineo make these for the R Nine T...

I have a 2015 R Nine T with tubed wheels but I also fancy tubeless (easier if a puncture needs to be repaired) and have looked at Kineo but they're certainly not cheap! I like the spoked look so, unless there's another option, I'll probably be sticking with the original tubed ones.

I don't understand why BMW use tubed tyres ? surely they're old hat by now ?

Yes where the car dealerships are.

I bought my Ducati Monster off Scott, the saleman.
He also told me about AC Schneider's tail tidy which I bought off Dalkeith Motorrad (East Kilbride wouldn't get it for me) and it looks good.

Dalkieth vs Parks was a no brainer as far as my RT trade in price, I got £1160 more at parks than Dalkieth.

Back
Top Bottom