Schuberth E1 vibrating peak

The Heff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had an Arai Tour X3 until recently - great helmet

However, as it was getting on a bit I decided it’s replacement is a Schuberth E1.

The visor vibrates when riding at anything over 40 producing a terrible buffeting noise which resonates through the helmet.

It’s definately the peak, as soon as I touch it the vibration and noise stop

I’ve tried adjusting the peak position, no different

I’ve tried adjusting the 1200Gsa screen in various positions and the peak position but no change

I would really like to keep the peak on

Any suggestions or tips

Thanks in advance

However, as it was getting on a bit I decided it’s replacement is a Schuberth E1.

The visor vibrates when riding at anything over 40 producing a terrible buffeting noise which resonates through the helmet.

I’ve tried adjusting the 1200Gsa screen in various positions and the peak position but no change

Any suggestions or tips

Thanks in advance
Sell it, buy an X4 or Hornet.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I had the same issue with my Shoei Hornet Heff which I sorted by using self adhesive tyre balancing weights. Simply stick them to the under side of the peak to dampen the vibes.
HTH

Have two E1’s.

The peak on either doesn’t vibrate until very high speeed and even then isn’t noisy as such, you can just tell it’s vibrating.

Check the visor clips are secured, or take it back.

Any suggestions or tips

Thanks in advance

I sold mine and went back to an X-4

Had mine for over two years, no problem take it back

It’s the relationship between your particular screen and the peak. On 1 bike my E1 buffets and on the other it’s fine. Actually the taller screen makes it worse because the airflow is hitting the underneath of the peak. I must admit I don’t find it any worse than the tour x4.

I was almost put off by the idea that the peak could vibrate and read lots of people's ideas as to why as above air flow screen even bike ( air up behind the forks ie new gsa lc )
As I like to ride with a video cam on I had a bright idea and mounted my cam at the back of the peak in the middle
As far as I can see it it's about the weight and rigidity of the peak as mine dose not vibrate now
But if you are thinking that's it f**k it get shot of the peak (if it's a med and black ) then I would be interested in it as o have a radiant white and think it would look better with a black peak

Peak

So I bought a Touratech screen deflector and mounted it. Result

But this has thrown another problem into the mix. Even though the peak no longer vibrates at all, the extra screen is now too tall and I have to look through the extra screen as opposed to over it. :mad:

So TT screen and peak are both off now:eek:

Back to square one:confused:

TT screen will be in the For Sale section soon

Noisy...well I have Anakee 3’s and an E1...so that must mean I’m really screwed.:D

Any suggestions or tips

Thanks in advance

Interesting - I have the same issue and if I remove and apply the blanking disc that (on the right side) comes off randomly - Just Helmets have asked me return for "a service" apparently there is a issue - sorry service required.... keep you posted

Back
Top Bottom