Air box removal

Why anybody would want to spend money exposing all that shit hidden under the air intake snorkel is beyond me :blast

Will it ? I'm no expert so how do you know, please tell.

The length of the inlet tract will affect the torque curve. Short ones will shift the peak towards higher revs. Longer ones fill out the lower end of the rev range. Think of it like organ pipes - longer ones produce lower frequency notes, shorter ones, higher notes. You can bet that BMW have tuned the length of the inlet tracts to produce the best compromise between outright power and bottom-end torque.

Will it ? I'm no expert so how do you know, please tell.

My simple understanding. The airbox gives a constant positive air pressure to the engine so on each valve opening you get a measured amount of air and fuel mix.
Remove the AB and you no longer have the constant pressure. You could tune it to be fine at sea level but as soon as you move away from that location the fuel/air mix will change and you will run too rich.
Like yoursen I'm no expert but that's my basic understanding. HTH

"A little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing".....Seems it is becoming more poignant.
I just hope this section is not subjected to the levels of fuckwittery observed in the WC section!

My hope is often eroded by those who know no better though:blast:(

"A little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing".....Seems it is becoming more poignant.
I just hope this section is not subjected to the levels of fuckwittery observed in the WC section!

My hope is often eroded by those who know no better though:blast:(

I find this with DIY'ers and buildings, but that's what pays my wages.

Back
Top Bottom