Billy no mates, Looking for Biking buddies

EasySushi

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hey, Been on the site for a number of years.

Lost a few riding mates due to them selling and moving away from biking etc.

Looking for some riding buddies to go for rides local and further a field. I live in Hindhead surrey/hampshire, I ride a 1200gsa air cooled.

Cheers

Ty

Kinda like your post. I've always wanted to put up something like this as well but fear the backlash .....I am now commuting between Canary Wharf and The Hague Holland. Looking to get an RT for weekend jaunts out of London. Not sure about any BMW / Riders Clubs in my area, guess I just have to get on google.

I and a few friends who rid go to France apx every 2 months for a long weekend if that is your thing

Me too.

Based just outside of Windsor, not too far.

Is there such a thing as a 'group ride' on this forum?

I'm also new so please be gentle!

Inda1965 - small village called Wrasbury, about 4 miles from Windsor.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I have joined trips organised via this forum and I organise tours for a group of friends. I have done a couple of trips with Wapping and had not met anyone on the trip before going to Bouillon. Do it for a weekend first time and if they turn out to be not your type then you can go solo and maybe lose one night in a prebooked hotel. My second trip was for a week to Annecy. Very enjoyable with a decent bunch. Stay with people in the group during the day or do your own thing but it's nice to have company in the evening. A few years ago, I joined a trip to the Dolomites organised here.
with my trips, I started by organising a weekend in the Peak District back in the mid 1990s. Recently, I have had 12 people on a trip to the Massif Central. This year, just 7 of us going to Germany next month. It's very easy to do if you make everyone book their own tunnel or ferry and just use booking.com to find hotels and book a block of rooms. Have a deadline a month before for people to commit and cancel any unwanted rooms, leaving a month for the hotel to let the rooms to other tourists. Occasionally someone drops out but if you carefully select hotels with £0 cancellation fees then you are unlikely to lose out unless they do it with no notice. Use Quidco and you can sometimes earn a small commission.

So, pick a destination, set a date and put up a post for a trip.

I've also wanted to stick something on here for anyone Oop North, as my biking mates have a habit of bailing on trips! While I like my own company, it's nice to ride as part of a group and have a bit of company for dinner and a few beers. For my sins, I'm a Bolton fan. Rumour has it we are playing 2 pre-season matches in Portugal and I'm fancying a trip, but true to form, I'm the only one who has the time. I'm also looking at doing the BMW bash in Garmisch, but cries of "How far is that"??!! mean it's looking like another solo trip if I opt for it.

I'm up for a blast out of London if anyone wants. No bimbles and must make use of the glorious A or B roads. Motorway mashing sucks. Based at sw18, so a ride to Rykas as a meeting point is fine, NOT as a destination...like to do around 150 miles at least. If keen, let me know. Prefer a circular loop to a destination.

I just need to get my bike over here or lease a new one...... but I'm in Canary Wharf and looking for the odd weekend ride for a day trip or weekend. Also a beer in the evening to talk bike stuff is fine as well. Could do with some advice on leasing a bike here in UK along with insurance.

I just need to get my bike over here or lease a new one...... but I'm in Canary Wharf and looking for the odd weekend ride for a day trip or weekend. Also a beer in the evening to talk bike stuff is fine as well. Could do with some advice on leasing a bike here in UK along with insurance.

How long are you in the UK? Isn't it more cost effective to stick the bike on the overnight ferry from The Hook of Holland to Harwich? As long as your Dutch insurance covers being out of the home country for longer periods.

Do you have garage parking? If not, then insurance will be very expensive for a UK registered bike.

How long are you in the UK? Isn't it more cost effective to stick the bike on the overnight ferry from The Hook of Holland to Harwich? As long as your Dutch insurance covers being out of the home country for longer periods.

Do you have garage parking? If not, then insurance will be very expensive for a UK registered bike.

Thanks, its a bit more complex. I work partly in UK (4 days per week) and 1 day in NL and fly every week back and forth from City to Rotterdam airport. This is my set up for the next 5 years. I maintain my Dutch residential status although I am a Brit......this is because my family are settled in NL and don't want to move to London. My employer has been pretty good to me in accepting this arrangement and paying for it all. I have my GS at home in NL on Dutch plates and company has given me GBP 400 per month to lease a car or bike or whatever I want. I have a small flat in Canary Wharf with underground very secure parking. My idea was to buy a RT either new or nearly new (2016 model) and keep it here and on those weekends that I sometimes say in London - wife & kids come over, to go riding

Thanks, its a bit more complex. I work partly in UK (4 days per week) and 1 day in NL and fly every week back and forth from City to Rotterdam airport. This is my set up for the next 5 years. I maintain my Dutch residential status although I am a Brit......this is because my family are settled in NL and don't want to move to London. My employer has been pretty good to me in accepting this arrangement and paying for it all. I have my GS at home in NL on Dutch plates and company has given me GBP 400 per month to lease a car or bike or whatever I want. I have a small flat in Canary Wharf with underground very secure parking. My idea was to buy a RT either new or nearly new (2016 model) and keep it here and on those weekends that I sometimes say in London - wife & kids come over, to go riding

If the lease includes insurance then get a UK vehicle although the London premium will eat into the money left to get the bike. If the figure only covers the rental or purchase then look at a Dutch registered bike - as long as it goes back home every now and then you should get away with it and insurance might be cheaper. You need a spreadsheet...

Back
Top Bottom