Which Metzeler tyres..

Not according to two dealers in Edinburgh that I discussed this with last week, whilst getting new tyres fitted.

No more or less puncture repairs/claims than any other manufacturer.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Maybe people just take it on the chin.

I like the PR series, had 2, 3 and 4...... but there are enough anecdotal tales of PR4 issues to steer me towards other makes (Metz last year, Dunlop this year)

Al:thumb

Maybe people just take it on the chin.

I like the PR series, had 2, 3 and 4...... but there are enough anecdotal tales of PR4 issues to steer me towards other makes (Metz last year, Dunlop this year)

Al:thumb
I've heard that before too, but it is just hearsay.

As they are excellent in the wet, and you are more susceptible to getting a puncture in the wet, perhaps it is just more people riding in the rain !

I've had two sets of the PR4 and running the Roadtec 01. Both square off fairly easily but sometimes I ride in some very hot areas on straight roads.

Grip wise they feel close to me but the biggest difference is the handling once they have squared off. You can really feel it on the PR4 but it doesn't seem to affect the Roadtec's much. They are both 60 profile but the Roadtec's look much flatter.

I've heard that before too, but it is just hearsay.

As they are excellent in the wet, and you are more susceptible to getting a puncture in the wet, perhaps it is just more people riding in the rain !

Yes, Okay!

Woo hoo, almost a success !

Shame corsa rosso sp aren't available in tractor sizes.

I was only commenting on your penchant for using exclamation points...... I wasn’t agreeing with you.

But I like exclaiming; makes me feel all big and grown up.

Are you sure, I think you were but are to afraid to admit it.

On a clear day from Fife, you can see civilisation !
I was only commenting on your penchant for using exclamation points...... I wasn’t agreeing with you.

Went from A3s to PR4s on last GSA. On current GSA I will probably go from the A3s to PR5s, although I will consider the Roadtec 01s.

I've had two sets of the PR4 and running the Roadtec 01. Both square off fairly easily but sometimes I ride in some very hot areas on straight roads.

Grip wise they feel close to me but the biggest difference is the handling once they have squared off. You can really feel it on the PR4 but it doesn't seem to affect the Roadtec's much. They are both 60 profile but the Roadtec's look much flatter.

Forgot to add, the front Roadtec has started scalloping which is something I never saw in the PR4. Hasn't really caused any issue with the handling.

I always run 36 PSI in the front and 38 in the rear for normal riding but up it to 42 when touring.

Apparently the Original Pattern Tourance are now available in GS LC sizes , as for the Michelin PR5 it is not yet (according to the dealers ) available in LC sizes only for the pre LC models... the 170/60r17 and 120/70r19 will not be available for a few months

Apparently the Original Pattern Tourance are now available in GS LC sizes , as for the Michelin PR5 it is not yet (according to the dealers ) available in LC sizes only for the pre LC models... the 170/60r17 and 120/70r19 will not be available for a few months

Will all be scuttling for them in June.................PR5 trail

Back
Top Bottom