Which Metzeler tyres..

Only going on the info from the local bike shop , so until august I will try a pair of the Road Tech 01 to compare against the default ( and pretty faultless Conti trail att 2 )

Mate had the Roadtec 01,s on his bike he rides hard, loved them, but said they do not last long, so if going on a long hot trip, maybe not the best choice.

Mate had the Roadtec 01,s on his bike he rides hard, loved them, but said they do not last long, so if going on a long hot trip, maybe not the best choice.

Oh FFS, NONE of them last long if you ride hard(-ish). I have a full set of new PR4s on my GS today and it feels bloody lovely. Just a shame they'll start feeling shite again by 2K miles (about 2 weeks time with my planned 'schedule') and will be replaced again before an Alps jolly to the Med and back in September.

It's a hard life.

Oh FFS, NONE of them last long if you ride hard(-ish). I have a full set of new PR4s on my GS today and it feels bloody lovely. Just a shame they'll start feeling shite again by 2K miles (about 2 weeks time with my planned 'schedule') and will be replaced again before an Alps jolly to the Med and back in September.

It's a hard life.

Well I will not be able to measure that performance...............not got an elastic wallet

Put a new rear Road5 Trail on my hexhead the other day and it is at least as good as the PR4 Trail it replaced (dry testing only).

I hope it lasts longer, new tyre is made in Spain and marked as 2CT+, old tyre made in France and marked 2CT.

Should be good on a WC.

Bruce Smart, AKA 'Teapot One' of You Tube fame rates the Dunlop Road Smart 3s. That bloke puts some serious mileage in on his GSs so he should know.

Put a new rear Road5 Trail on my hexhead the other day and it is at least as good as the PR4 Trail it replaced (dry testing only).

I hope it lasts longer, new tyre is made in Spain and marked as 2CT+, old tyre made in France and marked 2CT.

Should be good on a WC.

Hi , where did you get them from as been told not avaible till august …...

It's a hard life.

Very true , I want grip not miles . Just sick of wearing the front before the rear ( 2 front to around 1 rear) so I have semi worn rears stacking up.

First proper ride today on tourances.

They are brilliant-- really don't know why some of you guys are spending c. £250 on a pair of tyres-- must be slaves to the marketing bollox.
They were £125/pair from M+P , somebody kindly posted in the 'spotted a deal' section on this 'ere forum. Can't comment on wet grip trip though..?

First proper ride today on tourances.

They are brilliant-- really don't know why some of you guys are spending c. £250 on a pair of tyres-- must be slaves to the marketing bollox.
They were £125/pair from M+P , somebody kindly posted in the 'spotted a deal' section on this 'ere forum. Can't comment on wet grip trip though..?

If that suits , and that's your bag fine , but cheap is a reason ………I would not pay that for a pair of tyres as they for me would not be fit for purpose ( for me as I need more from a tyre than saving a few quid )

If it was some cheap Chinese tyre then fine, the cheap price would ring alarm bells but I really can't see a mainstream brand selling tyres that are rubbish. Price wasn't a concern either way, I bought them based on experience of them on a 13 year old 1150 GS with very tired suspension around Cadwell park where they were happy right to the edge of the tread. Also there have been lots of reports on here saying they last fairly well.

Trail version, is he a beta tester for them..............or just got a good contact.......:green gri

Apology for late response. He is a big dealer so maybe a tester. Place is called Sirrels and is in Scholes Leeds if any one wants to call him and find out the facts

If it was some cheap Chinese tyre then fine, the cheap price would ring alarm bells but I really can't see a mainstream brand selling tyres that are rubbish. Price wasn't a concern either way, I bought them based on experience of them on a 13 year old 1150 GS with very tired suspension around Cadwell park where they were happy right to the edge of the tread. Also there have been lots of reports on here saying they last fairly well.

I ran with tourances on my 2006 and 2011 bikes and as you say were a good tyre but lacked the grip I need on the road now .
Once I changed to the LC 1200 I realised that this tyre (for me ) was now redundant and I need better from the parts that keep me upright and alive.
I feel that the comment of slaves to the marketing bollox is a bit of a statement due to the fact that as time moves forward so does the technology of the rubber etc and feel that the newer bikes need the extra.
When running on the edges of rubber on the road (not the track) the expectations of the product need to be better , not just good enough , plus running on a track is fun , but predicable with grip and heat build up , so the rider can adjust all the time as the tyre looses traction , on the road you do not have the luxury of this so the extra development makes the difference to allow all riders to gain from the " maketing bollox " as you put it.
IMHO of course:bow

Back
Top Bottom