Wicking base-layers

Hallstar

Reaction score
Any recommendations for wicking base-layers that keep you feeling cool and vented in 20° plus temperatures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a section on this forum for it clothing and protective gear. This question has been asked not so long ago. Use the search function. Or, is this a wicking base layer for the WC in which case you need to provide more details like is it a tripple black because we all know that black gets hotter than any other colour, will it be full of fuel all the time because fuel is cooler, where do you plan to take it, Sweden don't bother but for the med you will need one or two, and is the WC a moderate sweating bike or does it soak everything, how hard do you work the WC etc etc.

Any recommendations for wicking base-layers that keep you feeling cool and vented in 20° plus temperatures?

Particular and peculiar to the 1200 water cooled motorcycle, as manufactured by BMW and retailed throughout the world? Or will others do, too?

Why not give these bods a call, they know their onions:

https://www.bikestop.co.uk/buyers-guides/base-layers

Found by Googling ‘wicking motorcycle base layer’; four simple words * into the world’s most powerful search engine. You could even use your iPhone, that you held in your hand to send the request via Tapatalk. 13 less words than your appeal, so freeing you up for more time hooning the awesome.

Well aren’t the sarcasm levels running high today!

I appreciate that a mere Google search (other search engines are available) would produce a wealth of answer, and it did.. but mostly relating to providing additional warmth, not so much towards cooling down.

So I thought it safe to turn to a prominent motorcycle forum to seek real world opinions from real world riders, who would likely have experienced such quandaries as I myself now find myself facing, and may wish to offer their personal and subjective feedback of the options they chose to overcome..

Well aren’t the sarcasm levels running high today!

I appreciate that a mere Google search (other search engines are available) would produce a wealth of answer, and it did.. but mostly relating to providing additional warmth, not so much towards cooling down.

So I thought it safe to turn to a prominent motorcycle forum to seek real world opinions from real world riders, who would likely have experienced such quandaries as I myself now find myself facing, and may wish to offer their personal and subjective feedback of the options they chose to overcome..

Nah dont take it badly, it was because you may have asked in the wrong area, but if you are not moody, then try the moody range, they are very good.

http://www.rukka.com/motorsport/products/#!product/moody-pants

My Klim aggressor is very good and seems to be stink-proof, I can wear it for very many days in hot sweaty weather and I still smell gorgeous :p

Cost about £30.00 from a decent Klim dealer

I’ve allways used some gear I’d bought for offshore but they are on their last legs so to speak, they are cotton cashmere mix great next to your skin and don’t pong after a week or so I’ve tried biking stuff but sweaty Betty nylon mix is not good for long term comfort I don’t think I could source my old stuff anymore so probably Marino wool / natural type is the best to go for.

Another EDZ fan - they do merino or man-made stuff. I use the latter, branded "All Season". Dries very quickly so I rinse it out when having a shower when on holiday. Dry & ready to use the following morning.

Back
Top Bottom