TFT and Nav6 and phone and Bluetooth intercom - has anyone connected them all???

Hi Chris,

Believe it or not I have just joined this forum just to find out how others are getting on with this issue.

I have the exact identical bike and devices you have. GS TE Ex with TFT and Scala G4 (duo). I experienced the exact same problems you have. I have been in contact with Cardo in the US and they have confirmed to me that not only does the G4 NOT connect with the BMW TFT but neither does their latest offering of BT devices.

I have on order a Sena 20S Evo (duo) after trying out my mates 20S on the TFT and Nav IV. I found that I could make calls and receive music from my iPhone 8 through the TFT to the Sena 20S... works a dream. I can communicate with my pillions Q20 and other Sena devices, but like you I am unable to receive navigational voice prompts from my Nav IV. So I guess, that leaves me in the same situation as with the G4. If I want full functionality... Rider/Pillion, Rider/Rider, Phone Calls, Nav prompts it all has to be through the Nav IV and the Sena. Which like you is not what we want as I had hoped to control the whole shebang through the bikes handlebar control wheel.
It is my understanding from my local dealer, that the only way to get (nearly) everything we want, is to purchase the BMW Communicator system and connect it to a BMW System 6/7 helmet... OucH!!!. I prefer my Shubbie C4 by miles. And even then it means I can't talk to my non BMW mates. Sucks a bit!

Unless we get any more progress on this, I think the only option is to drop the SatNav prompts through the system which will still give me Rider/Rider/Pillion, Phone Calls and Music from iPhone, through the bike's controller. At least until there is some magical software update comes along that is. Mmmm!

If anyone our there has a solution for Chris and I... Please shout!

Cheers

IanChelt

I have the Nav VI and BMW system 6 comms system and that doesn't work either. The BMW comms only has one channel. It's either TFT or Nav VI, not both. A real bummer.

I have an old Scala G9, iPhone 7plus, NAV V and the TFT.
I have the G9 paired to the TFT as a mobile phone and the GPS as well a GPS. I have my phone paired to both the NAV and TFT.
I can get music and the limited GPS instructions from the connected app from my phone through the TFT. Calls do NOT work - well it dials etc but no sound.
I can have the smartlink app running at the same time connected to the NAV V so I can get traffic and speed cameras working. If I am not connected to TFT I can do calls via the GPS, however I need to switch the phone role off on the GPS when I have all items connected or it all gets messed up.

Interesting that not even the newest cardo can work for calls in the TFT. They will need to fix that as the TFT is going to become increasingly common.

Hi Chris,

Believe it or not I have just joined this forum just to find out how others are getting on with this issue.

I have the exact identical bike and devices you have. GS TE Ex with TFT and Scala G4 (duo). I experienced the exact same problems you have. I have been in contact with Cardo in the US and they have confirmed to me that not only does the G4 NOT connect with the BMW TFT but neither does their latest offering of
BT devices.

I have on order a Sena 20S Evo (duo) after trying out my mates 20S on the TFT and Nav IV. I found that I could make calls and receive music from my iPhone 8 through the TFT to the Sena 20S... works a dream. I can communicate with my pillions Q20 and other Sena devices, but like you I am unable to receive navigational voice prompts from my Nav IV. So I guess, that leaves me in the same situation as with the G4. If I want full functionality... Rider/Pillion, Rider/Rider, Phone Calls, Nav prompts it all has to be through the Nav IV and the Sena. Which like you is not what we want as I had hoped to control the whole shebang through the bikes handlebar control wheel.
It is my understanding from my local dealer, that the only way to get (nearly) everything we want, is to purchase the BMW Communicator system and connect it to a BMW System 6/7 helmet... OucH!!!. I prefer my Shubbie C4 by miles. And even then it means I can't talk to my non BMW mates. Sucks a bit!

Unless we get any more progress on this, I think the only option is to drop the SatNav prompts through the system which will still give me Rider/Rider/Pillion, Phone Calls and Music from iPhone, through the bike's controller. At least until there is some magical software update comes along that is. Mmmm!

If anyone our there has a solution for Chris and I... Please shout!

Cheers

IanChelt

This is not correct. I have the Cardo Freecom which works perfectly. Make sure all bt comms whatever the make have the latest firmware. My simple solution was to pair tft to comms via headset setting on tft, pair nav to second freecom channel using the nav connection on the nav and the pair iPhone to tft as mobile phone. Do not pair tft to nav or pair nav to phone. Lastly just remember to switch comms on first as I do anyway. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why the fuck would you want to listen to music on a motorbike?
If you need music use the car.

Are you really aware of your surroundings and concentrating on staying alive with music in your ears? I would suggest not.
I don't listen to music whilst riding but could if wanted to, I was making the point of what it was capable of and I like most people on here can multitask, apparently you can't so I would suggest you go fuck yourself :tosser

I listen to music, And use the phone. Im away most of the summer on the bike and its good that media and phone are accessible. Thats my choice. And I enjoy it.
Find it strange for someone to post "Why the fuck would you" ........
Buy hey, Its UKgser:D

Well I cannot get my TFT and Packtalk working correctly.

When Packtalk is connected, it loses all other functions, such as bike to bike, in either Bluetooth or DMC.

Awaiting a TFT update at the end of the month!!!!

Packtalk works but you need to update to the latest firmware 4.2 and then connect the TFT to ch 1 and the Nav to ch2 as GPS. Everything works except volume control.

Packtalk works but you need to update to the latest firmware 4.2 and then connect the TFT to ch 1 and the Nav to ch2 as GPS. Everything works except volume control.

It is updated, can you connect it to another rider when you have your TFT connected?
Can you switch between Bluetooth and DMC mode when connected to your TFT (top and bottom buttons)

I suspect people are only connecting it to the screen and not trying to use other functions. I cannot connect to my mates via Bluetooth if the screen is connected.

If you connect both channels as a phone it will delete the other channel so ch1 will delete ch2 vice versa

connections

Cardo has also issued an update 4.2 that has solved the TFT infotainment audio issue, all works fine now

Hello can you connect Packtalk to tft , to gps then phone to tft and gps and finally packtalk to iphone ?
:nenau

I have the Nav VI and BMW system 6 comms system and that doesn't work either. The BMW comms only has one channel. It's either TFT or Nav VI, not both. A real bummer.

This is only partially true and only if you have a NAV in conjunction with the TFT.
With Freecom and TFT only - you will not get voice navigation commands, and the minute you connect the Freecom to the TFT the radio will be disabled.
See Cardo's response on this thread https://advrider.com/f/threads/card...ivity-do-not-buy-it-it-does-not-work.1341787/
If you want full capabilities with Cardo then you will need to fork out for PakTalk range.

Tested my mates Sena with TFT and it works way better than Cardo Freecom.

Back
Top Bottom