Sidestand switch protection

Deleted account 191119001

Reaction score
What do the forum reckon about the sidestand switch protectors, given bike does not do to much offroad. there are quite a few on the market, what is the best or is it no real use.

Got one ‘just in case’ from aliexpress.com

Cheap as chips delivered and does the job. I sprayed mine black as, in silver, it stuck out like a sore thumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got one ‘just in case’ from aliexpress.com

Cheap as chips delivered and does the job. I sprayed mine black as, in silver, it stuck out like a sore thumb.

Its what I am thinking for the just in case, but probably overthinking again.

To be honest, I was just scrolling through to see what they had and decided to press ‘buy’. Do/Did I actually really need it...?, probably not but thought it was a good idea at the time.

To be honest, I was just scrolling through to see what they had and decided to press ‘buy’. Do/Did I actually really need it...?, probably not but thought it was a good idea at the time.

Are they just that good ideas..............

Well, they are well made and would definitely protect the switch should something hit that area. In some ways it’s like private medical insurance..... you could have it but may never actually use it.

Well, they are well made and would definitely protect the switch should something hit that area. In some ways it’s like private medical insurance..... you could have it but may never actually use it.

Is the one you got decent quality, even though chinese knock off

A couple of pics for you..... IMHO, you wouldn’t know the difference between these and ‘branded’ ones.
dc04ec19f243cde4a8eb25382bda3204.jpg
e7d2ec096bafe3f53daa432baee604cc.jpg

What do the forum reckon about the sidestand switch protectors, given bike does not do to much offroad. there are quite a few on the market, what is the best or is it no real use.

It’s a farkle. Since when was a reason required?
Get it bought.

Just installed the Wunderlich sidestand switch protection, lovely well made and really good quality, few pics below to show on the bike, and also to show the spacers and longer bolt used on engine guards to be able to get a little space between the engine guard and the Machine art X-heads.

I had boot protectors on the frame that took enough wear to rub through. But they trapped all manner of crud & crap and salt.
After that, rubbed paint was the least of my worries.
The throttle position sensor “protection” hasn’t trapped crud but it sticks out even more than the TPS and uses the same little M4 screws. It’s utterly pointless.

I had boot protectors on the frame that took enough wear to rub through. But they trapped all manner of crud & crap and salt.
After that, rubbed paint was the least of my worries.
The throttle position sensor “protection” hasn’t trapped crud but it sticks out even more than the TPS and uses the same little M4 screws. It’s utterly pointless.

Never really realised until yesterday, just how much my 47 size plates used to bang into that switch, now its well protected.

Back
Top Bottom