Rear Metzeler Roadtec 01 a state after 7000 miles.

My front still has 5mm left so no worries there. New one on the rear though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

5,000 miles 2 up in Scotland ? I think the tyres have done pretty well mate. Nothing wrong with them ... just imagine the wear and tear they have been loaded with. I wouldn't imagine there is much out there that would give you any better ... just my honest opinion.

5,000 miles 2 up in Scotland ? I think the tyres have done pretty well mate. Nothing wrong with them ... just imagine the wear and tear they have been loaded with. I wouldn't imagine there is much out there that would give you any better ... just my honest opinion.
Good to know. I've heard the pr4 GTs last longer bit the 01s have been phenomenal, not seen a single hint of TC riding throughout winter so I plan on sticking with them.

I have PR4GTs and so far 8k Miles and still good. Think a lot is how you ride I don't try to drag race from every green light I don't hang about but I feed the power on rather than wind it wide open from zero MPH. Riding is a mixture of commuting around Manchester and out at the weekend for some fun

Fitted Roadtec 01’s 2500 miles ago and even wear between front, rear and significant amount of tread left, for me best tyre yet coming from PR4,s though differences minor. I was the first at my local dealer to have these fitted and was left to me to do the research so they knew to fit standard front, heavyweight rear as recommended by Metzler. As you indicate you may have standard tyre on rear which would explain wear, will be a HWT stamp on tyre wall if it is correctly fitted(heavyweight version).

Sam555; where did you get your Roadtec01’s fitted please.
(I’m also in London/Surrey, so wondering who you used for tyres)

Thanks

Buy a Honda 50

If you got 7,000 out of it, a Honda 50 will be more than adequate for your motorcycling needs!

I used to get 3,000 km out of a rear on my 1200GS

That was in Australia riding very abraisive grippy roads in up to 45degree heat (and riding like a bit of a dick)
these days the rubber will perish before I wear them out

T31 ,s are available at the moment with a intro offer of £40 off.
Done 1500 miles on a pair now and v,pleased.

Someone else on here had a pair on his RT yesterday,£227 ride in/out.

If you got 7,000 out of it, a Honda 50 will be more than adequate for your motorcycling needs!
How very patronising and ridiculous. I ride 2 up in Scotland in all weathers and don't hang about.

I wear a road tec out in 4000 miles or less in Scotland on a lighter bike riding solo
I guess your definition of not hanging about and mine are very very different :D
I would imagine so. Mines an oil cooled RT with luggage not a Ducati. 4000 does seem pretty crappy, I'd be well dissapointed with that but I do 20k+ a year.

I would imagine so. Mines an oil cooled RT with luggage not a Ducati. 4000 does seem pretty crappy, I'd be well dissapointed with that but I do 20k+ a year.

I am ecstatic with 4000
The supercorsas managed 1500
Your bike is still heavier with more or less the same BHP as mine though

Changed the PR4 on the back of my GS today after 3900 miles and I only ever ride one up. Excellent tyres in all conditions so put the same on again.

Just ordered some Roadtec 01s just over 9K and although the tread on the PR4s is legal the back is a little squared off and the front have a very rippled tread making it a bit vague in the damp

Will see what the difference is

Nothing is. If you want to do 10,000 miles on a set of tyres, buy a car...

or an F800GS with Heidenau K60 Scouts :D .... I get 10,000 out of my rear tyre.

I've never had that sort of mileage from a bike tyre before. My usual tyre life is 4 to 5,000 miles on any bike so the K60's have surprised me, I'll never fit another tyre on the 8GS

I use PR4's on the RT they're good in the wet, feel "odd" for the first mile or so until they start warming but are good after.

Back
Top Bottom