1100GS Brake Pads Advice please

Teamin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am going on a road trip in a few weeks and just noticed the rear pads are a little slim.

I have used EBC pads before and just wondering are there any better alternatives out there or is the consensus that EBC is fine.

:beerjug:

I am going on a road trip in a few weeks and just noticed the rear pads are a little slim.

I have used EBC pads before and just wondering are there any better alternatives out there or is the consensus that EBC is fine.

:beerjug:
Ebc are fine, consider either Brembo or carbon lorraine (cl).

Here is somewhere a saving really can be the death of you.

The difference of 2m stopping distance doesn't seem much, until you realise it means go home or going home in a box.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

CL ( Carbone Lorraine) best pads I've ever used and came top in a magazine test against all other brake pads.

Personally I like the Ferodo FDB2039P They have a good "feel" about them where sintered pads can take that moment to heat and get to work and not to expensive either

"BUT" Buy them from reputable sources Do not buy internet pads unless you are SURE they are what they are supposed to be!!

I’m surprised that someone hasn’t jumped in to say, ......
:augie
BMW parts only or make sure you tell your insurance company that you have modified your bike!

Personally I like the Ferodo FDB2039P They have a good "feel" about them where sintered pads can take that moment to heat and get to work and not to expensive either

"BUT" Buy them from reputable sources Do not buy internet pads unless you are SURE they are what they are supposed to be!!

+1 I bought some EBC pads off ebay to see if they lasted any longer than the 6k I have been getting with ferodo platinum on my F650 twin.. They were shagged in less than 1k. Will stick to ferodo from Motorworks in future.

Back
Top Bottom