1200 Scrambler

twizzle

Devil may care...
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I really wanted to like the 900 Street Scrambler I bought last March, but in the 900 miles of ownership I found it sadly lacking in power..... it reminded me of my old 400 Superdream to ride and the red line came around far to quickly...

so in July I bit the bullet and chopped it in for a BMW 1200SX ( it cost me £800 all in so not bad I suppose)

Just seen some spy shots of a new 1200 Scrambler - this could be more like it...:thumb2

I tried the T100 before I bought my T120 but found the 900 motor lacked power

The 1200 is much stronger, won’t snap your neck but it’s plenty for the type of bike

It’s also geared very long, on standard sprockets you only need the first 4 gears, I presume the Scrambler will be lower geared

I wonder if Triumph will fit half decent suspension,unless the shite they fit on the T120 and others ?

The spy shots show Showa USD and Remote rears....

Attachments

• Triumph-scrambler-1.jpg
    Triumph-scrambler-1.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 174

Yup,there is always that.
I had to sort the suspension on my Triumph Scrambler which I bought in 2009.

I was very dismayed to find that the T120 Black that I had last year was still dreadful.How can Triumph sell a £10k bike with utterly shit suspension ???

I could have followed your route but I decided I'd rather sell it and add Triumph to the Avoid group,alongside BMW,as other manufacturers know how to make a good bike.

The latest KTM 790 Duke is a case in point !! It cost me under £7k but the whole package is just right,with a stunning new motor paired with perfect suspension and great handling.

I hope the 1200 Scrambler is better than the rest of the 120 range but I won't hold my breath !

Back
Top Bottom