More help needed Fuel Line Quick Connectors

Teamin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok so took the bike to the MOT tonight and as the guy is inspecting it I spot this!

So I say nothing :augie

Question is.... Does anyone know where to get replacement O rings. I am also thinking that it would be good idea to carry a spare connector incase the plastic one breaks.

Attachments

• 20180509_184726.jpg
    20180509_184726.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 490
  • 20180509_193307.jpg
    20180509_193307.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 523
Unfortunately you're now in a long line of people who've suffered this.

The answer is to replace the male part with - what is now standard issue from bmw - a metal connector. The female part is generally Ok and doesn't need replacing.

Lots in here about exactly this. Replace both. It's just a matter of time before the other goes. thumb:2

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Motorworks supply the o rings at the ridiculous price of £1.86. www.tills.de sell a complete set of good quality metal connectors for 60 euro plus post.

Ah. My mistake. I thought the male part had actually broken off.

But my point remains. Change those plastic male parts.

But ref the O-rings. Always smear some silicone grease on them. I mean every time they are disconnected. Yes, really, every time.

As above - look to change that plastic male connector before it snaps off.

Buy a box of O rings in assorted sizes from ebay for next to nothing - handy when the kitchen taps start dripping too.

Interestingly I've used an O ring from a camelbak to fix QD issues when I was caught short.

Good luck:thumb

Tried a couple of different O rings but too fat ( them not me )
Thinking of carrying a straight inline connector and also changing the connectors to something more robust.

Tried a couple of different O rings but too fat ( them not me )
Thinking of carrying a straight inline connector and also changing the connectors to something more robust.
Just buy the metal male parts (they come with the O-ring fitted) and be done with it.

If you grease the O-rings as I mentioned above, each time, they'll last ages.

Forget the straight through connector. Getting the tank off with the Quick Disconnects on the hoses means it's off/on in 2 min. Anything else is just a pita

Back
Top Bottom