Front Brake Bite Point

lazybike

Reaction score
Picking up a R1200R next week :), one thing I noticed on the test ride was the front brake bite point, it was nearer the bars than I would have liked, is there an easy fix for this? The brakes were fantastic when applied, powerful with good modulation.

Picking up a R1200R next week :), one thing I noticed on the test ride was the front brake bite point, it was nearer the bars than I would have liked, is there an easy fix for this? The brakes were fantastic when applied, powerful with good modulation.
The lever is adjustable

Yeah I saw that :) but that's only for reach, it only moves the lever further away or nearer the bars, I'm happy with the reach, it's the bite point I want to move.

Ah, OK. As far as i can tell, the bite point moves with the lever adjustment - so if you move the lever further away, the bite point moves too.

What you can't do as far as I can tell is adjust the bite point independently of the lever.

I had the same issue with mine when I bought it new, I took it back and they bled the brakes and it was a bit better but not much. I've got so used to it now it's just a distant memory. It's never been an issue under heavy braking

Thanks guys...I'll have a play around with the lever when I get it, I suspect that as mentioned it's something I'll get used to :)

So after 800 odd miles I don't notice the bite point...liking the bike a lot :)

I'll check the discs...thanks, I've not noticed any vibration or pulsing, and the brakes are plenty powerful.

I'll check the discs...thanks, I've not noticed any vibration or pulsing, and the brakes are plenty powerful.

The disc could be absolutely flat, even thickness and a perfect finish and, therefore, would give no vibration or pulsing. But if it's not mounted true on the wheel, when the brakes are not applied it will knock both pads back as the wheel rotates. This needs to be checked with a dial gauge, not a micrometer.

Back
Top Bottom