Thread: le mans moto gp digs wanted ???,,,,

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

le mans moto gp digs wanted ???,,,,

hi
    does anyone know of any places to stay in or around le mans (20 mile radius approx ) seems like alot of the hotels are fully booked or extortionate so any tips guys ? ... cheap and cheeful if there is such a thing

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure I stayed at the Campanile, Alencon when I went to Le Mans.
    It's further out than you want, around 30-40 minutes and is nothing special but it was cheap, clean & easy to get to/from.
    It depends on what you want I suppose.
    I just wanted something affordable to lay my head at the end of the days & it did the job in that respect.

We left it too late for a hotel in Le Mans so decided to stay in Tours and got the train to Le Mans on race day you will then need get the tram to the track but it really wasn't painful.

Or ride to the track if you prefer, the issue though is leaving the track getting out the bike park.

Hotels in Tours are right at the station, Ibis Tours centre, there is also a Mercure and another budget Ibis, and an aparthotel there too all of these can be booked via accorhotels.com

When we go to Le Mans 24 hour car race, we have stayed in Saumur, to the south. It’s beyond your 20 mile radius but easily rideable on a bike. If we can drive it in cars on what is a much larger event (many more people, many more vehicles) you’ll find it a breeze.

Look also at the hotels in places like, Pontvallain and any of the villages / small towns like that. They will not all be full, I promise.

We've used the Ibis in Chartres twice, secure underground parking It's about an hour 15 easy ride

I stayed north at Maison Laudiere with Tank lovely ride through very scenic area but did get pulled by gendarmerie in speed trap, they obviously find it a very good revenue boosting time. No fine and did ask if I had been drinking at 10.00 in morning, sent on my way with a warning.

Runny eggs and strangers, white lines and unmade beds.
    We've struggled to find anywhere half-reasonable either in Le Mans or within your 20 mile radius. for the last three years we've ended up staying around an hour's ride away from the circuit (though leaving on race day can take an hour to get to the bike park exit!).

We spent 2016 in Mayenne at Logis au Grand Hotel. Reasonably priced and fantastic food in the restaurant - proper classic French cooking by a chef who lived and worked in Abergavenny for a while!

I'm loathe to share details of where we stayed in 2017 and this year because we've unearthed a diamond but it's only small and I don't want to miss it for next year! It's still an horu ro so away from the circuit.

For the first time this year we went into Le Mans itself. For some reason I was expecting it to be not particularly nice, but it was lovely.

It's still an horu ro so away from the circuit.
    Are you learning Japanese?

Runny eggs and strangers, white lines and unmade beds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Are you learning Japanese?
    Sayonara, Wapping-san.