vibration @ 4500rpm

Have you don't a throttle reset after putting the TPS back on?
Noise from the front could be a duff alternator bearing.

This is a video link of the sound I’m hearing from the front timing cover, sounds like a noisyball bearing , but there’s no bearing in there, and it’s not the alternator marki GSA as I have the belt off but thanks for the reply mate.......
https://youtu.be/T6IMc6FXga8

Maybe it is not the same bike but in the links below they talk about a recall

http://bmwra.org/forum/motorcycle-t...ussion/2010-bmw-dohc-r1200gs-engine-vibration

When my bike was done they didn’t recall it, I had my bike in for a service and they said there was a technical update to do and they would do it while the bike was being serviced. Weeks later they still had the bike and it never ran right again before I traded it in. That dealership has closed down long since.

Could this issue be combustion related, and maybe curable with a remap ??

Alright Pukmiester that is very possible, im just waiting on a tdc locking pin now to double check the timing, I done a graph check on the gs911 today and the lambda readings are all over the place and I double checked the throttle body sync and all was good there, but the graph for the lambda was all over the place but I don't have the experience in reading these so could be normal I will attach pics...if I can

:help:help:yelrotflm it definitely doesn't look good does it Smogbob, but is it wrong, its like that at idle going mostly between too rich and too lean

Like OP says above it does look like a software problem, MAP throwing a wobbly, but then if something was going wrong with the sensors, it would do that anyway, so back to square one. :blast

Mixture all over the place is a symptom of failing coils. During no spark cycles the ECU sees unused oxygen so enrichens the mixture. Then it goes weak when sparks do arrive.
Coil faults are not seen by GS911.

My money is on the cam/balancer timing being out. Just one tooth would make all the difference.

Just managed to listen to the noise it’s making. That’s VERY not normal. I would be having the engine front cover off to take a look inside.
You will need some instant gasket. I like Loctite 518 as it sets only between the joint faces so wont leave bits of silicone to float around.
Get a new oil seal but fit it AFTER you have fitted the cover. I’ve now had the cover off two bikes (nothing compared to Mike or Steptoe) but fitting the seal first resulted in damage to both of them.

Just managed to listen to the noise it’s making. That’s VERY not normal. I would be having the engine front cover off to take a look inside.
You will need some instant gasket. I like Loctite 518 as it sets only between the joint faces so wont leave bits of silicone to float around.
Get a new oil seal but fit it AFTER you have fitted the cover. I’ve now had the cover off two bikes (nothing compared to Mike or Steptoe) but fitting the seal first resulted in damage to both of them.

Cheers Bendy toy, im fairly sure the cams timing aint out,im still waiting on the TDC locking tool to confirm, but checked using a screwdriver to make sure cylinders were at Tdc and all looks well........my next move is to take the front cover off and check that balance shaft timing.........I took out the coils today and checked each one with an old spark plug, and they are all working as theY should..........

Is it worth performing a compression test ?

Maybe low compression on one cylinder from a valve/seat leak ??

Just a quick question about ignition angle, I just noticed on my video that the ignition angle changes a lot and that’s at idle don’t think this is normal and what would cause that to be the case

Pukmiester I don’t have a compression tester, maybe worth a try but the bike isn’t down on power at all, just running badly and very bussy vibration

Took the front timing cover off found a lot of play in the pivot point for the front tensioner, just waiting on parts now.........updates will follow

Hi all just a quick update, got the new timing Chain tensioner and there was a slight bit of difference in the pivot point.........the old one seemed to have straightened out allowing more movement than Normal, not sure how that happened but after bolting it all together, the noise from the front timing cover has gone.........pictures to follow

Attachments

• 67DEE8F1-F2F2-4A12-BD52-E38625EC2C35.jpg
    67DEE8F1-F2F2-4A12-BD52-E38625EC2C35.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 309
  • 420EBD66-903A-4060-B709-DB734886DFAF.jpg
    420EBD66-903A-4060-B709-DB734886DFAF.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 305
  • 9D275AA4-ED8C-49F3-8DAB-27A282077917.jpg
    9D275AA4-ED8C-49F3-8DAB-27A282077917.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 291

Back
Top Bottom