Vango Comfort 10 Mats

essjay

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used the Vango Comfort 10 sleeping mats? They seem reasonably priced compared to the Expeds and Thermarests.

The Comfort 10 Grande (76cm wide I think) can be had for around £65 while the single can be found for a tenner cheaper.

If you’re ever near The Great Outdoors Galway or Call of the Wild Sligo, they have some Zempire 10cm sims that you can try for yourself.

Maybe call them first, don’t want you having a pop at me for traveling and they’ve sold out.

They don't pack up nearly as small as your typical Exped or Thermarest etc and weigh a bit more, and that's one of the main reasons they're cheaper. Absolutely just as comfy though if you can pack them on the bike.

I bought my girlfriend a Coleman Dream-something-or-other 10cm sim for her Christmas and its about 4 times the size of my Exped Synmat 9LW. We'll only be using that on car camping trips though.

D.

Very very comfy but as said above they are big and quite hard to roll up.

If I compare the specs between the Vango Comfort 10 Grande and Exped Megamat 10 LXW there doesn't seem to be much in them size wise. The Vango is 1kg heavier though - is that 1kg worth double or more in the price?

Vango
Weight: 3.9kg
Pack size: 80cm x 22cm
Flat size: 200cm x 76cm

Exped
Weight: 2.82kg
Pack size: 79cm x 25cm
Flat size: 197cm x 77cm

The kg will make a big difference if you decide to take it hiking, that's the same as a litre of water extra weight. I think if you are intending to use the gear for a few years it's worth paying the bit extra as all the kilos add up and by the time you've added a heavier tent, sleeping bag, pots, etc you could be five kilos extra and large part of a pannier gone in bulk.

Here's the specs for my Exped Synmat UL 9 LW.

Size 197 x 65 x 9 cm
Weight 855 g
Packed 28 x 15 cm
Temperature -25 C
R-Value 6.0
Fill 160 g/m Texpedloft Mikrofiber.

Cheapest I can see the Synmat 9LW online is 108 pounds (its not the UL model). Not a million miles (35 quid) from the Vango price.

Back
Top Bottom