XR Test Ride

fatbaldbob

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had one of these for the afternoon whilst the GS was in for service, it was awesome but turns you into an instant hooligan, it just demands to be ridden hard. The engine is a peach and sounds great even on the standard can, amazing brakes and handling and riding position is comfortable too. On the down side I found the suspension too firm regardless of setting, wind protection was not great and I was getting arse ache after an hour. Overall I really enjoyed the experience, but as the cliche goes and has been said before, I really would live in fear of losing my licence if I had one, its just too easy to go too fast, but a brilliant bike none the less and I was still grinning for an hour after I got off it.

I would have thought by now the suspension would be up to scratch, being harsh has been a complain since 2015.

I just got the sport version with manual suspension and stuck a Wilbers on it the day I bought it!

My suspension is just luverly :)

Perhaps being a fat bastard is the answer - I've no issue with my suspension! :D

I just got the sport version with manual suspension and stuck a Wilbers on it the day I bought it!

My suspension is just luverly :)

I wanted this option, however you cannot have manual suspension on a low bike, only ESA. I sold the bike after 3 days because of the crap ESA.

You need a bike with low end power, it what you can use everywhere. That thing has a sportsbike engine.
All nice and then bonkers after 7000 revs.

Well I test drove one yesterday and bought it on the spot!

A fantastic bike, power everywhere even low down in top gear, this thing pulls like a train and is just so flickable in the twisties - made my GS Rallye feel like a slow cumbersome bus!

Yes the suspension is firmer and the wind protection lower but overall the bike is just so much better than the GS in every other key area.

Back
Top Bottom