A Question of Panniers

Watty100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A mate is considering selling the BMW GSA panniers off his '06 bike, with mounting racks, I'm contemplating buying them for my GS, but I only want them if the boxes will fit onto other bikes, having bought the appropriate racks, of course.

Am I correct in thinking the standard GSA boxes are Touratech? And if so, will their mounting racks sold for other bikes be suitable for the GSA boxes?

Obviously I'm looking to have a good quality set of boxes I can keep when I move a bike on, only having to buy the mounting racks to fit the new bike. :confused:

Why not buy them and sell them on when you sell the bike.

They were build by Touratach but have a BMW spec mounting system. Make sure you get all six mounting spacers, both frame clamps and both footrest clamps. Not to mention the screws to go with it all.

Otherwise if you have the cash, Givi make some very solid alloy cases that use their standard mounting system.

Why not buy them and sell them on when you sell the bike.

They were build by Touratach but have a BMW spec mounting system. Make sure you get all six mounting spacers, both frame clamps and both footrest clamps. Not to mention the screws to go with it all.

Otherwise if you have the cash, Givi make some very solid alloy cases that use their standard mounting system.

Thanks Bendy, I have Varios at the moment which do me fine, I was just hoping that a potential bargain buy would suit more than 1 bike.
I'll stick with what I have for now and aim for a swappable set with the next bike :D

Ive a set of Al jesse panniers for sale for a 1200 gs, but they also fit other bikes by changing the racks..

Back
Top Bottom