LC RT Options

MisterB

Reaction score
What are the worthwhile options to look for on an LC RT please? I definitely want the quickshift and tyre pressure sensors. What about things like the ridiculously expensive audio (does it take up cubby hole space, can it be bluetoothed, is it any good?), dynamic pack, keyless start, central locking......???

The radio does work, yes it will Bluetooth to sat nav, phone and radio or iPod feed. (I use the BMW system helmet and Comms)

AND YES IT IS RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE.

:surrender

I've got the LE model 2016 with everything apart from audio pack ,which i wasn't too concerned as(1) you cant generally hear anything over 50mph (2) I listen to radio Mp3 via headset and (3) do you really want everyone in the street know your listening to ABBA?lol
The only thing i do miss it the spare cubby you get with it as its on the same side as the Aux socket, and it would be handyto pit your phone in whilst charging , but i just put my phone in the tank bag now.Oh and if you get one with a 2 lid back box its a bonus

I've got the LE model 2016 with everything apart from audio pack ,which i wasn't too concerned as(1) you cant generally hear anything over 50mph (2) I listen to radio Mp3 via headset and (3) do you really want everyone in the street know your listening to ABBA?lol
The only thing i do miss it the spare cubby you get with it as its on the same side as the Aux socket, and it would be handyto pit your phone in whilst charging , but i just put my phone in the tank bag now.Oh and if you get one with a 2 lid back box its a bonus

Ah ok! I'm looking at one that has the audio though as you say I'd never play it through the speakers so there doesn't seem to be much point in it, especially if it takes up a cubby hole!

I tapped into the cable on the radio so I could use earphones in my lid. I use Shure S350's and can also use the wheel to operate all radio functions, but no speakers as I'd disconnected them.

I tapped into the cable on the radio so I could use earphones in my lid. I use Shure S350's and can also use the wheel to operate all radio functions, but no speakers as I'd disconnected them.

The BMW audio has to be the worlds most expensive radio, you could probably outfit your house with Bang and Olufsen for that money.
What is it made from? rare platinum?

For the craic I may get a pair of buetooth speakers from Amazon and fit them under the speaker grills, they would work off my smartphone.

Sam at Chainspeed has routed my audio through my Autocom, so the speakers are superfluous. The "magic wheel" on the left grip raises or lowers the volume. Having said that I wouldn't have ordered it for it's own sake, but the bike came loaded with all the gubbins as a package.

Back
Top Bottom