The BEAR gets his mojo back

....courtesy of 2gses (Chris H) and his trip this weekend on a road less travelled
The group was a mixture of GS'ers (me, Chris, Chris H, Bear, steady Steve and Shaun) plus some lads from TRF

Chris's plan was to roughly follow the Pennine way from Edale to the Scottish Borders

We set off on Friday from the Peaks to Leyburn and did 200 odd miles without seeing a town (despite being near Huddersfield and Halifax) as Chris is a master of finding the smallest roads that exist and Friday's route was a cracker

We even found a vineyard in Huddersfield of all places and stopped for refreshment

c49dfccdf819e3a56850e42888fb5086.jpg
80d1eb879c090cee7503f7428df9cbe8.jpg

That's a fine run JB; did you go past the Oil can cafe Nr Jackson bridge by any chance?

Nic one JB. Heres a few I took...

We met at Coopers Cafe in Edale where some of 2gses chums had ridden up from Cornwall (or was it Devon? :nenau)..

Plenty of stop offs for tea and cake on our way to Redmires North Yorkshire where I overheard some of the lads talking about how good a rider I was..

Another one at the vineyard in Huddersfield..

Arrived at Redmires where some of the chaps were to pitch their tents, with 2gser Lording over them all in his motorhome...

Then over to the Bolton Arms, home to the rich and famous and for one night only - The Bear...

I could overhear more the lads talking about how brilliant I was at riding, and they began to gather around my GSA to see if any trickery was being used. They were soon to be disappointed.

Here they are all still talking about what a better rider than them I am..

We had evening meal at the Bolton Arms, with me having fish 'n' chips. Steady Steve wasn't able to join us until the following morning, but he had forgotten to cancel his meal of sweet & sour chicken, so I did the gentlemanly thing and ate it myself ;). Chris (miserable git) pulled faces as Shaun as he ate his meal...

Temporary Bear Cave for the night..

We set off for Peebles the following morning, and soon found ourselves stopping for tea and cake again..

Johnny B got a round of tea and cake in (but only for himself :mad:).

Again I overheard the lads whispering about why they weren't as good a rider as myself. it was beginning to get a little embarrassing to be honest...

Cheeky fuel stop for those who don't have real bikes with large fuel tanks..

Some pond or other somewhere in Scotlandshiresville..

Where we stopped again for tea and food..

Eventually arriving at Peebles where I had a room booked at the Wetherspoons pub. Others were camping nearby but out of respect for me being a much better rider than them, they came over to have evening meal with me at the pub..

Temporary Bear Cave at the Wetherspoons..

Thankfully the pub sold my favourite beer..

The following morning everyone gathered outside the pub to await me coming out to join them. Most of them still in awe of my riding skills.

On our ride through Scotlandshiresville we had to pull over to let a gaggle of farmers in tractors pass, which took forever as Johhny B tried to sell finance to each and every one of them as they drove past us..

Later in the day I got split up from the group and found myself alone in Haggisland. Fearful of being attacked by a drunken tramp I decided to head off for home. Johnny B later explained there had been a mix up in the drop off system that we were using, but I suspected that the real reason was they had probably had enough of my superior riding skills and just wanted to peel off where they would be less intimidated.

I stopped off at the viewing point at Carter Bar for a quick photo..

Massive thanks to Chris (2gser) for organising a fantastic trip :bow

Great pics Mr Bear

Yep - your riding was bloody awesome

Those ebike riding qualities shone through and made you into the Bear you are now - honed

Good company with you and all the lads

Hope to see you at Dent this weekend if only for a brief appearance

Looks like a top trip. I enjoyed the pictures .

Good write up and pictures bear; did you share any tips with the lads about your God like, awesomeness riding skills; or is that for another day.:bow:bow:beerjug::D

All I can say is there appears to be a larger quotient of eating v riding going on :D :rob

Looks like a great trip in some terrific company. Chris really is a top bloke.

Name the guilty party.

It has to be asked Bear,.....who is taking a leak against the portakabin in picture 4?

What a great 3 days on a bike. Big thanks to everyone especially Chris for planning and leading and JB for taking the rear.

The bear grazing

NyTvyPj.jpg

Another snack stop

zJDPLqV.jpg

Miserable Git got me the dearest cuppa tea in Yorkshire here

txzQZCV.jpg

Yet another Tea and cake stop :)

OP3Ox0y.jpg

Every turn had amazing views. Chris certainly put a lot of effort into this route

s8bMdhl.jpg

0QEaEWy.jpg

Great weekend

Cracking weekend , thanks Chris and everybody else.

Similar pictures here so no more to add apart from one when I landed back home--after we spilt up and headed our separate ways me and Shaun cut across God's country where it seems all the greenfly in Yorkshire decided to come out together..safety in numbers. Clouds of them gently cooking on the bikes radiator...

Attachments

• IMG_20180514_065056.jpg
    IMG_20180514_065056.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 417
Cracking weekend , thanks Chris and everybody else.

Similar pictures here so no more to add apart from one when I landed back home--after we spilt up and headed our separate ways me and Shaun cut across God's country where it seems all the greenfly in Yorkshire decided to come out together..safety in numbers. Clouds of them gently cooking on the bikes radiator...

Sons visor this afternoon after a little rip. Got to love summer eh.:D:beerjug:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180515-193408.jpg
    Screenshot_20180515-193408.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 374

Back
Top Bottom