Tizzi n test

tezz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all in morocco at moment enjoying a couple of weeks -am heading over tizzi n test on thursday but someone has suggested that its got a lot of roadworks -eg resurfacing etc -anyone been over recently tnx tezz

I was over it a couple of weeks ago. There was a small area of work at the start (heading to Marrakech from Taroudant) another towards the summit where some work was ongoing. You have to do this road it is amazing, it'd be a real shame to miss it!!:thumby: Enjoy!!

Thanks for the update -we will be riding it tomorow -a couple said it was quite dug upo

No more than about 2% of it, the rest is pretty much motorcycle heaven. Stunning views and lots of different sections of sweepers, twisties etc!!

Tnx again -staying in taroudant tonite -starting to rain and riad owner said if it rains here the pass could well have snow -will let you know how we get on rgds tezz

Done it many times......fantastic ride and views are superb. Unlikely to get snow where you are going but it can be seen on high peaks. Bit of road repair at the lower end after leaving Taraoudant and rain won’t make it fun but it’s not too difficult.....enjoy...

It can get chilly ...

... but it was January :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 337
It was grand when i was up there ... :nenau

:D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M586RIilUeA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tnx again -staying in taroudant tonite -starting to rain and riad owner said if it rains here the pass could well have snow -will let you know how we get on rgds tezz

The mountain forecast for Friday has 30mm of snow at 3500m, but just rain (6mm) at 2500m which is the height of the Test pass. I know temperatures have been really low this year but it would be really unusual to have snow at passes height this late in the year.

Well we got there in the rain and there is 5 km of roadworks coming from tojrdant -wouldnt have caused a problem if dry but the road was thick red mud churned up by trucks -no way you could get past it without cloging wheels /mudguard -have done a couple of pistes while here but the mud was o no go -will have to come back again -any excuss

I went over it direction towards Marrakesh 24th March 2019. No snow, open for business. Stunning ride, one of my favorites. No roadworks.
Merv.

Back
Top Bottom