Thread: Mid to North Wales - Looking for Accommodation Recommendations

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Mid to North Wales - Looking for Accommodation Recommendations

Planning a short trip (3 nights) to Wales and looking for recommendations for accommodation.

Preferred location would be mid to North Wales.

Any gems out there?

My wifes cousin runs a small B&B near Portmadog ............ http://www.rosecottagebedandbreakfastporthmadog.com/

Highly recommended (well I would say that) & excellent views, if you can get in.

The Ponderosa cafe up on the Horseshoe pass now does B and B.

Stayed here for last two visits, great food and beer, nice rooms and quiet village and on the doorstep of Snowdonia

http://www.penrhosarms.com

Like Newton - only stupid Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Kilsby Country House. Llanwrty Wells

Right at the start of the Abergwesyn Pass.

Wonderful location, great breakfast, nice owners and a Spaniel. £80/night and ask for the room at the front of the property.

One downer though - my bacon butty in the morning was cut into quarters Still delicious mind

Cheers all.

I’ll take a look at these.

I’d welcome other suggestions too.

Thanks again.

www.humvee-graphics.com Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I've stayed here a couple of times, good pub grub, spacious rooms, out of sight parking and a good choice of Ales, reasonable rates too, I'd use it again without hesitation
    http://oakeleyarms.co.uk/
    Visit our web shop for stickers/graphics/pannier wrap kits for your GS/Adventure bike
    web shop; www.humvee-graphics.com The originals and the best
    Limited range of our products available on e-bay, our shop; humveegraphics
    Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/humveegraphics

I like Rhayader - plenty of choice for pubs & food and some nice places to stay. Loads of good roads. Stayed in The Bear last time which was nice and had off road parking http://thebearrhayader.co.uk/cms/

The food in the Triangle pub was great http://thebearrhayader.co.uk/cms/ - they have accommodation but only a small self catering unit with 1 double room.

Further north, Criccieth on the coast is nice with the castle on the beach. Not stayed for a while so can't recommend a B&B.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

The Royal Ship in Dolgellau, been refurbed, lovely hotel, and good parking at the rear, right in the centre, and some good eateries there. A

Probably a bit far east but I recently stayed for 3 nights at the Railway Inn, Forden
    Recently refurbished with very clean, if compact, room. Breakfasts & dinner were very good, which is just as well as there's nothing between there & Welshhpool ! Alice, the landlady, couldn't do enough for us & I'm definitely going back next year
    Just 'cos you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you !

Remember, experience only means that you screw-up less often.

try the Bull's Head inn in Beaumaris, if it is not too out of the way. https://www.bullsheadinn.co.uk/
    What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Just had a "Boxertrix" weekend meet up at Baskerville Hall near Hay on Wye, a bit quirky but ok, variety of accommodation options, and a pool. Food and drink comparable to pub prices. All of said we would use it again for meeting venue.
    We have also used the Lion Hotel in Criccieth, a fair bit further north near the Lleyn peninsular.

Al.

Hi folks,

Have tried to make a booking at most of the recommendations for the weekend we were looking for but were thwarted on them all bar the recommendation from GSRiderdotcom:

Quote Originally Posted by GSRiderdotcom View Post
    The Royal Ship in Dolgellau, been refurbed, lovely hotel, and good parking at the rear, right in the centre, and some good eateries there. A
    All of the others had availability over the weekend we were looking at but all were full on the Sat evening. Note to self to plan further ahead!

Thanks all for the recommendations made.