Order your Niken here

Must admit it looks no wider than a GS with panniers so city commuting in the ice and bad weather might have its uses for those who ride all the time, 3 wheel scooters loked weird at first now they are actually quite normal looking, well in Paris anyway.

£13500 !
Not cheap then !

Not especially no (that is list though....), but, when you can pay considerably more for common as muck, poorly developed and built GS's and here you have something truly different and innovative I know which strikes me as better value for money.

Andres

Andres

I'm certainly going to take one for a test ride, just to see what it's like. Not looking at changing bikes, but something innovative like that has got to be worth a ride, just for curiosity's sake... :thumb2

Not especially no (that is list though....), but, when you can pay considerably more for common as muck, poorly developed and built GS's and here you have something truly different and innovative I know which strikes me as better value for money.

Andres

Andres

Absolutely right. Like MikeO said it's definitely worth a test ride just to see what it's like :thumb

Spoke at length to a dealer at the Scottish Show where Yamaha had a Niken on show , apparently only a small number of dealers in the UK will be selling them (same as the electric EC03 moped ) and he doubted that any would stock demonstrator bikes unless they were supplied by Yamaha UK.

His main concern was who if anyone would actually put their money down and buy the bike , Yamaha have been bitten in the arse in the past by introducing 'different' designs of bikes they though people wanted and needed to find that no-one actually bought them ie TR1, GTS, XV550 plus others.

My thought was fine if it is like the 3 wheel Piaggio and legal to ride on a car licence , however, as he pointed out it requires a full bike licence and it may well be a major stumbling block with the fairly conservative bike buying public.

Think it may well up being a development dead end

Back
Top Bottom