Day On 1290R

TwoTone

Reaction score
Yesterday had a couple of appointments postponed so find Ive gotta free day today so decide to skive off on the bike, was going to take the 450 as rain was forecast but today dawned dry and with no rain showing on the weather app so chance to get the mileage up on the 1290 for the first service.
Few lanes past Cambridge and onto Newmarket,super lane from Newmarket to Mildenhall then quick blast on the A11 to Pedders Way.
20kt1rc.jpg

Last year I fell for the GS Rallye and chopped my 1190R for one,on riding the Rallye home I realised Id made a mistake shortly afterwards took a fairly hefty pill.March this year sees me collecting a new 1290R from Fowlers in Bristol not local to me at all but they were selling 17 model 1290R s at £12995.
30cc8dw.jpg

Missed the massive urge of the big V twin, if you're a bit of a hooligan the BMW is no match.
s2t9gm.jpg

So 630 miles on ready for 1st service unfortunately over 2 weeks to wait for 1st service to be carried out.

Have fitted the new Motoz Tractionators bit early to judge against TKCs which Ive used previously, the front seems to have more lateral grip but makes the steering feel lifeless the rear seems OK but haven't been through deep mud yet, in sand they are brilliant, part of this route involves some sandy lanes where it was really heart in mouth time on the Rallye but the 1290 breezes through.
2z8w2li.jpg

Such a shame the GS isn't available with a 21 inch front, makes such a difference.
s2t9gm.jpg

Yup.Agreed.

That’ll be why Nutty took delivery of a 1290S and Rallye in the same week but only has one still in the garage.

In my experience, the 1*90's will very often right themselves when things get crossed up, when I know a GS would put you on your arse! Combination of a longer wheelbase and full size wheels I guess.

Also much as I like the telelever on the road, off-road it does mean that you bang gnarly rocks and exit edges of potholes a lot harder, I think because as the forks compress, the front wheel actually moves forwards, making the hit that much harder, whereas with conventional forks the opposite is true. Also again due to wheel diameter.

Love the Tractinators! Except fitting them, rear especially...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So 630 miles on ready for 1st service unfortunately over 2 weeks to wait for 1st service to be carried out

How long have you had it?

If you're paying for the 1st Service can't you get it done locally? :nenau

Back
Top Bottom