Rough idle and lack of power

throttle body

Hi.
My 2013 LC has done 18000. I rode it to Portugal this year and halfway across Spain, when the engine just cut out. I turned ignition off / on and bike restarted fine, no warning lights. Overtook a lorry and on cutting back in the engine stopped again. Lorry locked his brakes, swerved to avoid me and I made it to the hard shoulder. Turning off and on every time this happened which was not preceded in any way with a warning light, got me to BMW Salamanca. They diagnosed replacement throttle body - £700. They replaced it and did a software upgrade. I have heard it said that a software change was made at some time to widen the feedback parameters and that if Salamanca had done the upgrade first then the throttle Body may not have been the issue. Does anyone have any thoughts or information?

Hi.
My 2013 LC has done 18000. I rode it to Portugal this year and halfway across Spain, when the engine just cut out. I turned ignition off / on and bike restarted fine, no warning lights. Overtook a lorry and on cutting back in the engine stopped again. Lorry locked his brakes, swerved to avoid me and I made it to the hard shoulder. Turning off and on every time this happened which was not preceded in any way with a warning light, got me to BMW Salamanca. They diagnosed replacement throttle body - £700. They replaced it and did a software upgrade. I have heard it said that a software change was made at some time to widen the feedback parameters and that if Salamanca had done the upgrade first then the throttle Body may not have been the issue. Does anyone have any thoughts or information?

Back
Top Bottom