Rough idle and lack of power

A blonde pushes her BMW into a gas station. She tells the mechanic it died. After he works on it for a few minutes, it is idling smoothly. She says, "What's the story?" He replies, "Just crap in the carburetor" She asks, "How often do I have to do that?"

:jes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happened to me. It was the hose i have marked in the picture on the offside cylinder. It had come off! Hope this helps.
4d06ebfac5ae282a46b34a351691b863.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This happened to me. It was the hose i have marked in the picture on the offside cylinder. It had come off! Hope this helps.
4d06ebfac5ae282a46b34a351691b863.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good call! I'm pretty sure there are more hoses in that area than the 2015 GS I had.

Thanks for all the suggestions some very good some not so good lol. After doing half a service and disconnecting battery went a run this afternoon and its running fine. I have done 28000 miles and this is the first glitch I have had. If it does it again I would think I have no option but to take it to the dealers unless someone close could read the faults if any but those obd readers are a bit expensive. Thanks again for all responses

Thanks for all the suggestions some very good some not so good lol. After doing half a service and disconnecting battery went a run this afternoon and its running fine. I have done 28000 miles and this is the first glitch I have had. If it does it again I would think I have no option but to take it to the dealers unless someone close could read the faults if any but those obd readers are a bit expensive. Thanks again for all responses

Not so expensive version, check link out below

http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...r-bmw-motorrad-the-1000-word-edition.1130770/

Thanks smogbob That was some read and nice to know people are working on a cheap system but I will wait till its a bit simpler to just purchase a proven kit

Thanks smogbob That was some read and nice to know people are working on a cheap system but I will wait till its a bit simpler to just purchase a proven kit

That article was from 2016 the software and the rest of the kit has come on leaps and bounds, I believe Andy if my memory serves me correctly, or could have been Warlord, on this forum uses it already, maybe he will jump in later.

That article was from 2016 the software and the rest of the kit has come on leaps and bounds, I believe Andy if my memory serves me correctly, or could have been Warlord, on this forum uses it already, maybe he will jump in later.

I've had it for about a year now and it's ok I guess. If you only want to do simple tasks, such as service reset, then it's fine. Does read and clear errors codes but I found it a bit of a pain.

Only works with Android too

I've had it for about a year now and it's ok I guess. If you only want to do simple tasks, such as service reset, then it's fine. Does read and clear errors codes but I found it a bit of a pain.

Ta for that info Fred, some just need the simple things. :D

I'm slightly surprised at the suggestion there's a TPS as it's fly-by-wire. Similarly, do the throttle bodies need to be balanced either, as they're driven independently by stepper motors, and I would hope, self-calibrate.

You are absolutely right. The correct wording should be a description of what was done to the Throttle Valve Actuator. But old habits and lazynes makes it easier to just call it TPS.

I have the LX and cable. I have tried the free version of the ap and was about to purchase the ap. In what way do you find it a pain?

Ian

I have the LX and cable. I have tried the free version of the ap and was about to purchase the ap. In what way do you find it a pain?

Ian

I find it disconnects a fair bit and the menu structure is a little tedious on a phone. Depends on what you want it for, I'm probably being a little unfair to it to be honest.

If you just want to check out codes etc and reset the service light then it's a good buy. You might as well since you already bought the LX!

I find it disconnects a fair bit and the menu structure is a little tedious on a phone. Depends on what you want it for, I'm probably being a little unfair to it to be honest.

If you just want to check out codes etc and reset the service light then it's a good buy. You might as well since you already bought the LX!

Thanks.

Just trying to decide which version to buy pro or ultimate. Its not obvious on the differences between the two versions.

Back
Top Bottom