Dent ride 5 - greenlanes/"offroad"

geoff barnett

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Meet on Saturday at 0930 for 1000 departure.

Meet at the blue R80RT greenlaner parked near the entrance to the campsite.

I can't vouch for how technical the lanes will be, but if they are a mite tough for some, we will all stick together and get through.

The pace will be very gentle and beginners are welcome.

Meet on Saturday at 0930 for 1000 departure.

Meet at the blue R80RT greenlaner parked near the entrance to the campsite.

I can't vouch for how technical the lanes will be, but if they are a mite tough for some, we will all stick together and get through.

The pace will be very gentle and beginners are welcome.

Good one Geoff :thumb

Are you camping with us? Don't have you down as attending!

:beerjug:

Blast 800GS all packed ready to go. Now a green lane option and the X Country has knobblies on decisions decisions

Yes, I am attending. I thought I posted early as a run leader.

Apologies if I messed up.

You didn't mess up ... just didn't have you down for staying/camping, that all ;)
For the campsite proprietor ... the infamous Margaret :D

:beerjug:

Hi Geoff - any idea roughly how long the ride will be? Novice to offroad (live in scotland with no 'green lane' access) - only able to be at dent for one day though, so trying not to spend the entire day on a rideout ;)

Hi Geoff - any idea roughly how long the ride will be? Novice to offroad (live in scotland with no 'green lane' access) - only able to be at dent for one day though, so trying not to spend the entire day on a rideout ;)

It will largely be a leisurely and scenic ride, with a few greenlanes thrown in to make things more interesting. Not high mileage, probably about 90 max.

If your bike is very heavy, R1100GS and up, then it might be tough (depending on the experience of the rider).

I haven't done most of these greenlanes. I therefore can't predict how difficult it will be.

Back
Top Bottom