New tyres

Scanners

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm getting some new tyres fitted tomorrow and have been talked into the new Bridgestone A41's. Anybody tried them yet?

I know someone who can do you a good deal on a pair of Ling Long Wipeouts...

Seriously though, you're right to be asking the question - I'd hold off on buying until you know they're what you want.

Last edited:
they are bound to be better than the crap trailwings that come as standard on the vstrom 650. how is that for an opinion?

I can totally recommend K60 Scouts

Best tyre Ive ever ridden on.

Sticks well

Lasts well

Looks good too if that your thing.

Nothing else goes on my bikes.

I'm getting some new tyres fitted tomorrow and have been talked into the new Bridgestone A41's. Anybody tried them yet?

By now you will be either thrillled as a thriller thing or decapitating the bod who talked you into the shonky pile of shite. The world awaits your words.

Well worth a read just in about these tyres, well I never knew Bridgestone are only produced in Japan, so they must be good.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/bridgestone-a41-adventure-motorcycle-tyres-review/

The A41 has also been selected by BMW to become the new standard fitment on their R 1200 GS and R 1200 GS Adventure models, which suggests that Motorrad must also think the new A41 is a step above average. The A41 will also be fitted to the new F 750 GS and F 850 GS.

To answer your question.....

Yes.......1200GS LC.

Ive had the A41s on for the last 1500km. I had Anakee 3s, and then A40s before and loved the A40s. The A41s seem fine to me, quick turn in, not too noisy, stable. Mainly road use, with a few loose gravel, stoney trails.

Anyway, just my opinion.....but,then again, I was also happy with the original fit Anakees.

As far as good street tires (quick steering,good grip,longevity) go A41 are better than Anakee 3 but not as good as Conti Road Attack 3 or Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 !

just fitted Conti Road Attack 3, used them before and like them.
Re; what BMW fit as standard, probably what ever they can get a fantastic discount on! Anakee 3 worn out in only 3k. Not a fan.

All fitted and they seem a good tyre - a bit less noisy than the Panakees so that's a bonus. The bloke who fitted them (Bob's Tyres in Deeside, N Wales) told me that they were to be the standard fitment on new reg 1200 gs's. and he's fitted them to about 8 gs's locally. Just get a few more miles on them and see what they grip like especially in the wet. Time will tell.

All fitted and they seem a good tyre - a bit less noisy than the Panakees so that's a bonus. The bloke who fitted them (Bob's Tyres in Deeside, N Wales) told me that they were to be the standard fitment on new reg 1200 gs's. and he's fitted them to about 8 gs's locally. Just get a few more miles on them and see what they grip like especially in the wet. Time will tell.

good news waiting on the report look at post number 8

I'm not convinced that Bridgestone has 'led the way' in the last decade.

Try Metz Roadtec-01 - cracking tyre.

The factories put on what they can get cheapest...look at KTM who put Maxxis junk on the new 790...:(
Bridgestone has not made good tires for a long time.Their tires are not really fun to ride an wear out the sides way too quick.Especially on the front.
I member a good story a good 10 years ago riding a R1200S.Tried a Bridgestone equivalent to the Metzeler Sporttec M5 and Michelin Pilot Power after they came highly recommended by the press.What a disaster.The sides were gone after 1200 miles making the tires unrideable and ready to replace while the Metzeler and Michelins had worked great for 4000 miles under the same conditions and felt even sportier with quicker steering and more grip.
I called Bridgestone and asked them if there had been maybe something wrong with the tires because of such a performance discrepancy in performance to their direct competitors and if they could send me another set before I would complain and spread the bad news.
The Bridgestone rep asked me what pressure I ran.I said 36/42 like the others.He said if I had beenon the track.I said no but told him the mileage on the others included a couple of track days.He could not blame me.Then he asked me what bike I ride.I said a BMW R1200S.He said you BMW riders ride to much.You should buy touring tires and hung up on me...:D
Never Bridgestone again.I forgot my 2014 R1200R (on of the last aircooled one with TL) had Bridgestone T30.They felt like wood...:(
I took them immediately off like I did with the Anakee 3 on my GS-LC !
Like I said for spirited road riding Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 are fun to ride (quick steering and grip that the pegs scrape) and last longer than any other tire I tried on the GS.The Conti Road Attack 3 might be even better but I don't know how long they last ,yet.
Metzeler Roatec 01 are also very good but the Pirelli ST2 last a little longer and are as good as the Metzelers.
And people who like the Tourance Next should switch to the Pirelli because the ST2 is the successor to the Next.THe Pirelli is a little quicker steering and lasts a little longer...
Good to ride a new Michelin Pilot Road 5 on a friends R1200R.I would not bother with this tire as it felt boring/slow steering...

Had A41'a on my Yam S10 for the last 1000m. Very impressed so far

Mike

Back
Top Bottom