Heeeellllp

Status
Not open for further replies.

stever1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In Greece about to go to Italy and I’ve brought the wrong satnav. Can anyone send me the .gpx files for rhe RDGA and the route napoleon going from south to north.
Ta

Buy a map, how hard can it be:blast

Touring 20 years ago, was with no SatNav and we managed

Man up

For god sake , he knows he can buy a map!!
He was asking for a .gpx.file, ,so if you haven’t got one then :rob:rob:mad:mad:
Sorry that I can’t help
Good luck mate

Apparently they have road signs over there ;)

JB is right, ffs, you'll manage like millions did long before sat navs, myself included.

If you go into the all the routes thread you’ll probably find it there.

If you go to the RiDE website you’ll maybe be able to download them from there

If you have a half decent GPS device, the maps are on the two separate stickies. You’ll be able to create them manually on the screen.

The routes (roads) themselves are easy enough to follow, town to town, using the signposts.

my 660 which have these routes loaded is at home. I only have my phone with me and hope that if I get them e mailed to me I can then load onto nav 5

my 660 which have these routes loaded is at home. I only have my phone with me and hope that if I get them e mailed to me I can then load onto nav 5
If you have your phone, download maps.me from the app store and use that for navigation

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

If you don’t have a PC, I think it’s going to be tricky to get the file onto your 660.

Here’s a workaround that might well work but you’ll have to use your phone as a GPS device

1. Receive the route files by email

2. Download the Dropbox app

3. Save the file to Dropbox

4. Download the Scenic app

5. Download the maps to Scenic that you need

6. Go to Dropbox and find the file

7. When prompted, chose to open the file from the Scenic app

The route should then import and be fully navigable

I did that from memory, so may have missed a stage or two out. Play around, you can’t break it.

All that being said, it may well just be a lot easier to buy a map and / or write out the route on a sheet of paper, just as we used to do. Both are, near enough, straight lines.

All that being said, it may well just be a lot easier to buy a map and / or write out the route on a sheet of paper, just as we used to do. Both are, near enough, straight lines.

See my suggestion was not without merit, despite the abuse I got

Same as it ever was

If the satellites were turned off and gps went down - some people would just cry

See my suggestion was not without merit, despite the abuse I got

Same as it ever was

If the satellites were turned off and gps went down - some people would just cry

I think you're probably right. I still remember running to answer the 'trim' phone by the front door and the whole house got to listen in :D

The world would end pretty quickly if mobile signals and tinternet switched off suddenly.

That said, I like the planning part of a route. Where have others been. Why. Best roads. Then I like the challenge of working out why my Nav6 won't follow the route I thought I'd given it and why, when we stop for a coffee, it won't just carry on from where we were. :blast

Anyway, regardless, I like to switch off and enjoy the scenery. So long as I'm on the pink line occasionally I can forget life and ride. All this looking down at a tank bag that I can't see because the sun is at the wrong angle.....nah.....it's SO TRIM PHONE

Attachments

• trimmf.jpg
    trimmf.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 201
ChrisA, an excellent resume of your formative years. Can you send the OP the two route files, please.

Thanks pablo. Got the E Mail and used the hotel computer to transfer them to the nav. Wapping, interesting idea for the work round. JB, what a knob head. Yes I could buy a map and “man up”. I could then spend hours working out which way to go, stop every hour or so to check if I’m still on route. Or I could just turn on the sat nav and follow the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom