Which Airhawk?

misery guts

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking into getting an Airhawk seat pad thing for my 14 GSA. A bit unsure as to which one will be the right one (diff. size cruiser ones or the DS)

Which one will be the right one?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried an AirHawk before? I couldn't stand the feel of the thing personally. You could try a different seat and even a sheep skin

Haven't tried one yet, but it'll be cheaper than shelling out for a different seat. Plus if I don't get on with it, I'll sell it on.

Have you tried an AirHawk before? I couldn't stand the feel of the thing personally. You could try a different seat and even a sheep skin

You shouldn't feel it if inflated correctly, only feel the benefit of it, which is very good, worth an extra 100 miles a day easy :thumb2

You shouldn't feel it if inflated correctly, only feel the benefit of it, which is very good, worth an extra 100 miles a day easy :thumb2

I tried several different level of inflation, including the recommended, but just hated it. I've done several 1000klms days in a row with the 'Exclusive' seats and they have been quite good.

I tried several different level of inflation, including the recommended, but just hated it. I've done several 1000klms days in a row with the 'Exclusive' seats and they have been quite good.

I'm not aware its there, just the extra comfort

Airhawk Cruiser R small.

I initially ordered the medium as recommended size for the GS. However i thought it was too big and hung slightly over the seat edge (Exclusive seats). I exchanged it. The small sits perfectly and supports those bits through which we feel discomfort.

Have both the medium cruiser and the specific adventure one, the former was the best on the gs/gsa

I tried an Airkhawk and found it no better than the standard seat, waste of money for me

Me too, I hated the feeling of it. Some people swear by them though. Guess you never know until you try.

I'd be more inclined to try a sheep skin

Looking into getting an Airhawk seat pad thing for my 14 GSA. A bit unsure as to which one will be the right one (diff. size cruiser ones or the DS)

Which one will be the right one?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if this is much help but I bought an Airhawk Medium Cruiser for my GS1150. Good fit for that seat, though as others have said, getting the air pressure correct makes all the difference. Personally, I thought it was money well spent.

Thanks for the relies gents. I'm going to give one a go. I might not get on with them but I won't know if I don't try!

One consideration before you place your order. I have a GSA standard ride height. I'm 31" inside leg. Bought the lowered exclusive seats to get my feet flat to the floor. Don't do tippy toe when fully laden and 2 up.
I found with the Medium it went close to and over the edge of the seat. Consequence was that it moved my thighs outwards and therefore reduced the length of my legs, in essence having the same effect of lifting the seat. The Small did not have that consequence.
So if you are concerned re height issues bear that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom