Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TODAY....A MOMENT IN TIME!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    I spent most of Saturday in your neck of the woods, and went via Burford, Stow, Bourton, Bibury & Fairford, along with loads of small villages, all on nadgery roads. A great part of the country.

As to the heat ‘issue’, I’ve got the PP carbon frame covers, which do a good job of reducing the heat. It still gets hotter than the GS, but not so much to be an issue.
    Nice part of the world really. Except Clarkson lives around there somewhere...you can't have everything.

I made some cardboard box panels that covered the area the PP covers cover and the panel next to it too. It does help. I haven't ridden a perfect motorbike yet (although the Tuono is as near perfection as it comes) so there are just things you have to live with I guess. The GSA isn't perfect either though, but there's no question it's more developed than the 1290. Some may disagree but they'd be wrong...obviously

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
    Nice part of the world really. Except Clarkson lives around there somewhere...you can't have everything.
    I am right on the edge of the Cotswolds so potter around them a fair bit, stick to the unclassified roads and traffic is very light, get on the main roads between the tourist traps and it can quickly become frustrating - so frustrating I had to give up sportsbikes a decade ago when it become no longer worth owning one.

A couple of weekends ago we went to Wales, much better roads and less traffic on the more flowing A roads than I am used to, and the minor roads were fairly empty....

...or at least they seemed that was until I went to the Ardennes and Luxembourg over the Bank Holiday.

This is all building up to our France / Alps trip which will make Luxembourg look a bit dull, but I like ramping up like this, the only problem is once coming home the local roads hold little appeal for a while, but I can pass hot weekends in the garden burning food over flames and drinking beer, bu Autumn I will fancy riding locally again.

Another fine day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm camping down this way in about 3 weeks....near Bourton on the Water. I'll be in the 'big' tent with the girlfriend, and we're coming down in the car.

Any highlights in the tourist traps and any other hidden gems?

Please PM with any inside info if you can advise, in order not to pollute this thread I guess, likewise, if you're ever in Scotland...

cheers

D.

All of the famous places are tourist traps, Burford, Bourton, Bibury etc. so just except prices will be hiked.

Bourton on the water is quite nice, we tend to pop in now and again off season as it is a short run (just enough to get the oil around the engine nicely) either for Sunday Lunch or tea and cake. A bit to do there including an small motor museum.

Lots of pretty little villages, mainly off the beaten track slightly such as the Barringtons, you might prefer the more authentic local pubs in these kind of places, and the prices will probably be lower, and if not then the quality will probably be higher.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12