TODAY....A MOMENT IN TIME!

Apex

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
2pm...Wales it is. There's some kind of wedding. And a footy match. That should rid the roads of everything apart from camera vans and he'll be watching the match too. So follow my example....today is a ride day. Sadly for me, just the afternoon.

It's a day for photo's too. Wheelies - 10 points. Stunning scenery - 8 points. Bikes - 5. Mates - 2.

Shopping, got friends coming for the weekend

By total coincidence we were at their wedding the night Diana was killed

The French tradition is that they run away and hide and everyone speeds around the countryside pissed up trying to find them, then feed them a chamber pot full of nasty stuff

We heard the news as it happened in the middle of the night

Oh well, never mind

Been in work since 05:45 - another twelve hour day not on the bike in the sunshine!

Well, that's a great start! Some seem to have priority issues :D

Bugger
In mid wales. Bikes in Kent.

Sky is blue. I’m indoors on my big iPad. Looking for must have bits for the next bike.
Breakfast on the way.

Riding down to Thruxton to watch my mate’s lad drive in the HHC motorsports GT5.

Should be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

An afternoon ride up to The Mynd. Love it up there. Did a couple of the trails, nothing heavy duty on S tires. Pic is of my riding budy having a go off road with the 1290. He was gone a LONG time. Really started to worry he'd had an off but all good! Then over to Newtown and the back road to Kington, Leominster, Ledbury, home. Only overtook about 10 cars all the way home, sun behind us, just brilliant empty roads. Hoping for more Royal Weddings soon :D
IMG_0564.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An afternoon ride up to The Mynd. Love it up there. Did a couple of the trails, nothing heavy duty on S tires. Pic is of my riding budy having a go off road with the 1290. He was gone a LONG time. Really started to worry he'd had an off but all good! Then over to Newtown and the back road to Kington, Leominster, Ledbury, home. Only overtook about 10 cars all the way home, sun behind us, just brilliant empty roads. Hoping for more Royal Weddings soon :D

Thumbs up for the R screen instead of the S one. Great purchase.

Oh, and off road mode + suspension is pretty good. Limp throttle response and reduced power makes a big moto actually quite tame to manage on the gravel roads at least. Suspension so compliant and comfortable compared to the Freeride. Freeride easier to pic up off the floor though I imagine.

Bugger
In mid wales. Bikes in Kent.

Sky is blue. I’m indoors on my big iPad. Looking for must have bits for the next bike.
Breakfast on the way.

One of these ?

c25282f1c36f60a3856c2183643fe5be.jpg

Trust me, your smack would be gobbed !!

Was in Wales over the weekend, took the bikes as the weather was looking good.

On way out on Friday we had a fair bit of traffic, reduced the further in we got, only went for AM ride on Saturday, but the roads were pretty empty, and not many folk around at the couple of "tourist attractions" we stopped at.

Coming Home Sunday was also not too bad, but as ever got worse the closer to home we got, but reckon better than a typical weekend.

Not a bad warm up for my upcoming Ardennes and our (me and Mrs) upcoming Alps trips.

Very quiet round the lanes today. Round the back of Cleeve Hill. Through loads of villages to Stow. Over to Burford, Fairford, Cirencester and home. Another great ride taking in a couple of fords.

Took the GS out for its second run this year! I ought to sell it as I keep taking the 1290 out instead, but I have to say its still a great bike. Really appreciated the cool running boxer config. Zero issues with heat whereas the 1290S tries to boil blood every time I get on it! It's a real issue in hot weather. To be honest though, I need to stop moaning. That's the truth :D
IMG_0616.JPG

Very quiet round the lanes today. Round the back of Cleeve Hill. Through loads of villages to Stow. Over to Burford, Fairford, Cirencester and home. Another great ride taking in a couple of fords.

Took the GS out for its second run this year! I ought to sell it as I keep taking the 1290 out instead, but I have to say its still a great bike. Really appreciated the cool running boxer config. Zero issues with heat whereas the 1290S tries to boil blood every time I get on it! It's a real issue in hot weather. To be honest though, I need to stop moaning. That's the truth :D
View attachment 375685

Bizarre. Road my 1290 in Europe last summer in temps of 35degs and it was fine.
Fan might come on in town for a couple of minutes but other than that .......

Bizarre. Road my 1290 in Europe last summer in temps of 35degs and it was fine.
Fan might come on in town for a couple of minutes but other than that .......

The GSA vents it's rads clear of one's legs and the cylinders stick out sideways rather than under the seat. The 1290 Cant get rid of its heat so easily, I get that.

Suspension on the KTM is definitely better than the GS. Coming to a relaxed stop with pillion on board is way easier on the KTM too, can't figure out why. I can practically stop before putting feet down whereas you need to be ready on the GS, which always seems to have a last minute wiggle as you come to a stop. Odd. Wider bars maybe. It's at least 1" shorter wheelbase than the KTM which won't help. Roadtec 01 tyres maybe, as they steer very quickly.

I spent most of Saturday in your neck of the woods, and went via Burford, Stow, Bourton, Bibury & Fairford, along with loads of small villages, all on nadgery roads. A great part of the country.:thumb

As to the heat ‘issue’, I’ve got the PP carbon frame covers, which do a good job of reducing the heat. It still gets hotter than the GS, but not so much to be an issue.

I spent most of Saturday in your neck of the woods, and went via Burford, Stow, Bourton, Bibury & Fairford, along with loads of small villages, all on nadgery roads. A great part of the country.:thumb

As to the heat ‘issue’, I’ve got the PP carbon frame covers, which do a good job of reducing the heat. It still gets hotter than the GS, but not so much to be an issue.

Nice part of the world really. Except Clarkson lives around there somewhere...you can't have everything. :D

I made some cardboard box panels that covered the area the PP covers cover and the panel next to it too. It does help. I haven't ridden a perfect motorbike yet (although the Tuono is as near perfection as it comes) so there are just things you have to live with I guess. The GSA isn't perfect either though, but there's no question it's more developed than the 1290. Some may disagree but they'd be wrong...obviously ;)

Nice part of the world really. Except Clarkson lives around there somewhere...you can't have everything. :D

I am right on the edge of the Cotswolds so potter around them a fair bit, stick to the unclassified roads and traffic is very light, get on the main roads between the tourist traps and it can quickly become frustrating - so frustrating I had to give up sportsbikes a decade ago when it become no longer worth owning one.

A couple of weekends ago we went to Wales, much better roads and less traffic on the more flowing A roads than I am used to, and the minor roads were fairly empty....

...or at least they seemed that was until I went to the Ardennes and Luxembourg over the Bank Holiday.

This is all building up to our France / Alps trip which will make Luxembourg look a bit dull, but I like ramping up like this, the only problem is once coming home the local roads hold little appeal for a while, but I can pass hot weekends in the garden burning food over flames and drinking beer, bu Autumn I will fancy riding locally again.

Back
Top Bottom