TODAY....A MOMENT IN TIME!

I'm camping down this way in about 3 weeks....near Bourton on the Water. I'll be in the 'big' tent with the girlfriend, and we're coming down in the car.

Any highlights in the tourist traps and any other hidden gems?

Please PM with any inside info if you can advise, in order not to pollute this thread I guess, likewise, if you're ever in Scotland...:thumb2

cheers

D.

All of the famous places are tourist traps, Burford, Bourton, Bibury etc. so just except prices will be hiked.

Bourton on the water is quite nice, we tend to pop in now and again off season as it is a short run (just enough to get the oil around the engine nicely) either for Sunday Lunch or tea and cake. A bit to do there including an small motor museum.

Lots of pretty little villages, mainly off the beaten track slightly such as the Barringtons, you might prefer the more authentic local pubs in these kind of places, and the prices will probably be lower, and if not then the quality will probably be higher.

Lunch with an Orange friend :)
7762f02fd7f783788dc5882207aafae5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question is....which colour is best? Orange?
d1b3ce832e3b4848bc3a6525e68e8c15.jpg

Oh...And thus was lunch. Delicious.
1cc25db4a7feedde28327cd18e62d2a7.jpg

Where was that? I'm always looking for new lunch stops in the Cotswolds :thumb

Up The Mynd again. Can't beat it on a nice day. Did some of the off-road trails on the top. Then Newtown, Cross Gates, Abergavenny, home. Last hour very tired and tedious traffic. The rest....KTM awesomeness.

467fe9572db8128beafa9e90e40c3d51.jpg

I think this has quickly become some sort of blog of Chris. Where are your pics/routes?

Mate had the idea to record footy and ride this eve. Bang on! So Mrs A jumped on the bike (well, more of a hike) and we set off 7:15. Roads had a post apocalyptic feel. B-Rilliant. Ciren, Burford, Chipping Norton, Stow, home. Gorgeous skies, sun, girly.

Yet again the GSA stayed in the garage. Great bike and perfect reliability apart from fork seal issue (both replaced) So I'm going to sell it on now. If anyone wants a "fully loaded" 14 plate, 3 miles since Cotswold service, Hilltop tuned (of course), HP Akra, Professionally Hybrid-X coated, rad gaurds, side covers, quickshift/blipper, loud horns!, Factory lowered model in white, let me know. I'll get an advert up at some point.

I don't think the 1290 is a better bike than the GSA, not at all, it's just that I find the Kato more engaging. It has superior low speed manners two up than the GS too and is a little faster real world....not much, but.... Maybe the new GS will be much better. It needs to be now there's competition.

I think this has quickly become some sort of blog of Chris. Where are your pics/routes?

Mate had the idea to record footy and ride this eve. Bang on! So Mrs A jumped on the bike (well, more of a hike) and we set off 7:15. Roads had a post apocalyptic feel. B-Rilliant. Ciren, Burford, Chipping Norton, Stow, home. Gorgeous skies, sun, girly.

Yet again the GSA stayed in the garage. Great bike and perfect reliability apart from fork seal issue (both replaced) So I'm going to sell it on now. If anyone wants a "fully loaded" 14 plate, 3 miles since Cotswold service, Hilltop tuned (of course), HP Akra, Professionally Hybrid-X coated, rad gaurds, side covers, quickshift/blipper, loud horns!, Factory lowered model in white, let me know. I'll get an advert up at some point.

I don't think the 1290 is a better bike than the GSA, not at all, it's just that I find the Kato more engaging. It has superior low speed manners two up than the GS too and is a little faster real world....not much, but.... Maybe the new GS will be much better. It needs to be now there's competition.

Yep, now you see why I sold my GS and kept the 1290 :green gri

Yep, now you see why I sold my GS and kept the 1290 :green gri

Out again today while the boys kicked a ball about. Brilliant, just brilliant. Video'd the game but when I got home my wife looked all sad and said do I want to know the score? Quite a few miserable looking people as we rode (Wales) so I assumed the worse and said 'go on then, hit me with it'..........you can guess the rest. Well, it saved me watching some of the boring bits and we really did have a blast on almost deserted roads. Role on the semi-final...they'll be even less cars about for that.

However, much as I might wish to sell the GSA at some point as it's not getting used, the heat that came of the 1290 today was simply unbearable, even with side panels. Lost count of how many times a stood up doing a fast pace to cool the seat and jeans down. So if I do a Euro trip, as it stands, there's no way I'd take the 1290. I'm ordering the insulated rear manifold pipe, some under seat insulation and, if I have too, the wings side covers. At this rate it'll be the GSA and a new 790 Adv replacing the 1290 for next year.

I was out on mine all day yesterday, temps hit 34 at one point, and I didn’t notice any excessive heat coming from the bike. Before you chop it in, have a look at getting your headers ceramic coated, as that seems to make a huge difference.

I was out on mine all day yesterday, temps hit 34 at one point, and I didn’t notice any excessive heat coming from the bike. Before you chop it in, have a look at getting your headers ceramic coated, as that seems to make a huge difference.

Spoke to Abingdon. May get the rough coating done. The one you've had done only reduces heat output by 15%. The rough one roughly 30%. More expensive....roughly £400!

So I've bit the bullet on some Wings side covers and under seat blankets (ECU sits on top of the blanket which I was concerned about). I'll fit, photo and review on here. I did wonder whether having the under bike manifolds boxed in with a heavy duty bash plate may not help. If manifolds in free air they'll stay cooler I suspect. It's a thought easily tested.

Spoke to Abingdon. May get the rough coating done. The one you've had done only reduces heat output by 15%. The rough one roughly 30%. More expensive....roughly £400!

So I've bit the bullet on some Wings side covers and under seat blankets (ECU sits on top of the blanket which I was concerned about). I'll fit, photo and review on here. I did wonder whether having the under bike manifolds boxed in with a heavy duty bash plate may not help. If manifolds in free air they'll stay cooler I suspect. It's a thought easily tested.

That’s a good point, as I’ve ditched my bash plate (as you know ;))

Another today, another moment in time.

Fantastic ride. Quiet roads on the incredible Tuono. What a bike that is!

Ledbury/Leominster/Rhyader/lakes/Builth/Hay/Leominster/Ledbury/home.

5e6d73db6e65ca5ef926a23e742946ea.jpg

Back
Top Bottom