If BMW made ape-hangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly ape hangers, are they? :p

No different from fitting Rox risers, or Ricky bars, for that matter. Looks like an opportunity to improve the ergonomics of the 'bars. I don't know what the bars on a 1200 are like (having only ridden them for a few hundred miles), but the 1100 and 1150 standard bars are woefully inadequate - this gives you the chance to make them fit you, not the other way round.

Hardly ape hangers, are they? :p

No different from fitting Rox risers, or Ricky bars, for that matter. Looks like an opportunity to improve the ergonomics of the 'bars. I don't know what the bars on a 1200 are like (having only ridden them for a few hundred miles), but the 1100 and 1150 standard bars are woefully inadequate - this gives you the chance to make them fit you, not the other way round.

And all for a small consideration of just £640!

I wish someone would made a setup like n the old aircooled GS that you could bring the bars a little more forward or even lower to sit less upright...
Maybe next year with the new R1300XR...:thumb
But that Helibar apehanger crap will come soon from straight from the factory when they launch the new 1800 cc boxer line to finally sink Harley...probably for 2020 !
I haven't decided if this is a good or bad thing joining the crappy cruisers to appeal to the fake tattoo,long beard and ass less chaps crowd for people who never had a happy childhood dressing up as gay pirates in cookie cutter conformity and thinking they are cool...Not !

HeliBars at usually nice products but this is :barf

I think my Ricky Bars were around £350 in 2002...

At the current exchange is £441, add duty and administrative fee and you get £639
Almost purchased one of these...long time ago:rob

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SXhorI8A0F0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom