Bad handling ga

gothbiker

Reaction score
2000 1150 gs, it feels as if it’s vibrating from the back end, I’ve replaced the tyres, checked the pressure, rear shock rebuilt, new swing arm and rear swing arm to diff bearings, I can’t feel any free play from anywhere, checked the front end out, rear wheel hasn’t any free play, swapped from original wheels to cast wheels and no difference, any ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throttle balancing?

What speed do the vibes come in at? Or is it pretty much all the time?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hmmm

Dumb thought, but is the rear wheel bolted on flat/square to the hub?

Another thought is the drive shaft, if you had the FD off, are the UJs in sync?

Just thinking of the obvious stuff first

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Prop is aligned, rear wheel spins true, I would of said rear diff bearings but there’s no free play, thanks for your ideas everything helps

Put it on the centre stand and spin/turn the rear wheel.

Does it feel rough or noisy ? the final drive/crown wheel bearing vibrates if it's starting to fail.

Put it on the centre stand and spin/turn the rear wheel.

Does it feel rough or noisy ? the final drive/crown wheel bearing vibrates if it's starting to fail.

Thanks steptoe I will check when I’m back home, confused over this partly tempted to buy new rear bearings for the crown wheel and know it’s all been replaced

Thanks for all the advice, I spun the back wheel and it sounds rough, so new bearings ordered, will report back when they are fitted

Just spent the evening fitting new bearings, the crown bearing was rough, let’s see what happens when I try it tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom