Screen advice GSA

AGelly

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for a screen that will offer better wind protection to the head and shoulders than the BMW standard fit item (2017 1200 GSA).

I have added a Wunderlich clip on protector to the top of the standard screen but have found that it doesn't make much difference.

Does anyone have any experience with an aftermarket screen fitted to a GSA?

Many Thanks

I have a Puig. Its adjustable and offers fantastic protection.

Attachments

• IMG_4051.jpg
    IMG_4051.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_4052.jpg
    IMG_4052.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 325
Screens are a very personal and individual thing so not easy to give advise that might suit you. I use a Puig tinted which is both taller and wider than standard screen. Check out their site. The screen in the post above will not fit your bike

Screens are personal, of course. One of the biggest problems of the WC GSA is buffeting that comes from under and from the sides of the screen. Even with a very good screen. I started out on the bike with the Wunderlich Marathon, the additional Wunderlich front deflector and Issota maxi winglets. With that combo, the buffeting coming from the sides and under made long highway days painful, at cruising speeds of more than 120kms. The Aeroflow aerogards and HFX fixed most of that issue. I still feel the need of a few cm extra on top of the screen, and some additional width. Tried the Wunderlich Ergo adjustable deflector on top of the screen, it created more turbulence than anything. Next, I will be trying a Puig touring screen - seems a tiny bit higher and significantly wider than the Wunderlich. I’m 85% - 90% close to the pocket of calm air I need for multi 1000km touring days. I’m 1.86m (6’1) tall, with a 34 inseam and broad shoulders. If you’re not taller than 1.81m, my current setup should pe perfect for you.
Oh, and whatever screen you put on, go for the double Cymarc reinforcing bracket, not the Wunderlich single one.

Standard GSA screen with MRA X_Screen Bobbie works well for me (6'3", high seat). I set the screen on low for the summer and get a cooling breeze through me vents, on high in the winter and most rain goes over the top. - plenty of pics of the set-up on here.

But like others have said, it's horses for courses. At least you don't have a KTM 1290 SA-T - the screen on those is awful!

Puig touring clear for me. Great protection compared to stock. I am 1.81m and of what I am told is ‘average’ build (76kg).

Back
Top Bottom