5.5inch rear

daverimm19

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
baadeb98916e846e0c9ffe95f3381741.jpg
58c1cbcfb9954db1a63a838581015253.jpg
had alloy wheels on for a while, finally got the 5.5 inch rear on with a pair of Pirelli supercorsa’s fo the summer, 180/60 rear looks huge, should be a heap of fun

You do know that it's possible to "over" tyre a bike and reduce the handling when the rear and front don't work together

Bit of fun, still got the 5 inch, I know it doesn’t need them, got a friend who rides the wheels off his gs on tourances,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can get a 190 onto the 5.5" but, as Neil said, having the profile matching the front is important. Saying that, it would be difficult to get a 17" front that didn't match the same brand /model 17" rear tyre...

The main problem is the top-heavy nature of the GS and the height of the tyre profile making it harder to get the bike to switch from side to side on the rear. You just have to counter-steer like your life depends on it :green gri

You can get a 190 onto the 5.5" but, as Neil said, having the profile matching the front is important. Saying that, it would be difficult to get a 17" front that didn't match the same brand /model 17" rear tyre...

The main problem is the top-heavy nature of the GS and the height of the tyre profile making it harder to get the bike to switch from side to side on the rear. You just have to counter-steer like your life depends on it :green gri

Counter steer like your life depends on it; like that; we use to call it ; plenty of body english.:D:beerjug:

After a brief blast, first impression is good, actually tips in really nice and likes to lean, v happy so far,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom