Floppy screen

tanneman

Incomplete Arse
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I noticed that the screen has of lately been a bit more lose so to say. Today it was time for a check as I'm washing it.

Take the big and small screen off together with the 2 little fairings shielding the mechanism.

This is what I found.

The little bearing type guide has come adrift from the mounting resulting in one end being lose and shaking more than usual. Here is the culprit.

Easy fix. Dab a bit of superglue on a cotton bud (so you don't make a mess of it), apply it to the inside of the arm where it should be. Slide the guide up and into place, and press it home. It didn't go all the way but hopefully it would last. For comparison here is the other side.

0385725e1d4db7ed90ecd24ba54b7737.jpg
d32eda850bd1503ed1ee7fb6222be03f.jpg
ad66552f3fb137d2254b6a46eb331aee.jpg
7b051a8edeeb7762001966c6d7f6fd72.jpg

The future is whatever colour you want.

Hi fella, excellent thread, thank you! In addition to your experience I found, ages ago, that the screen wobbled anyway so I set to and designed some brackets which hold it much more securely. They’ve really worked for me and, seemingly, for hundreds of other GSLC owners (what were you thinking BMW?).

I’m not saying you have to buy mine, what I’m saying is that if you wish to firm up your screen more then the said brackets (from anyone!) do help!

Ride safe,

Mark
cymarcbikeparts.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know about your products Mark. The design I think was to accommodate a wider range of riders without the need to spend money on after market screens etc. Having owned this bike for a few years and giving it the once over ever so often I'm convinced that whoever designed bits and bobs of the bike have never owned, ridden or worked on a bike. I'll leave it there.

Hi fella, excellent thread, thank you! In addition to your experience I found, ages ago, that the screen wobbled anyway so I set to and designed some brackets which hold it much more securely. They’ve really worked for me and, seemingly, for hundreds of other GSLC owners (what were you thinking BMW?).

I’m not saying you have to buy mine, what I’m saying is that if you wish to firm up your screen more then the said brackets (from anyone!) do help!

Ride safe,

Mark
cymarcbikeparts.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a fact, nicely built also

Back
Top Bottom