Project WTF is that under a sheet at the back of the shed ?

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
To my great shame forgot about this and it has been sitting buried under a load of crap at the back of the shed for over 7 years.

When I bought the bike it was a very unloved and non running standardish 1983 Suzuki GSX750 ED (the naked version of the more usually seen ES and EF models ) that had been imported from the States in the early 90's registered and then abandonned in a garage.

I initially intended to build a rough replica of the Kevin Schwantz race bike using a half fairing and uprated running gear.

Early on in the project I was quite enthusiastic stripping it down and uprating the front end with later GSXR1100 K forks , wheel and brakes and at the rear fitted a 600 Bandit wheel and brakes and a modified shock linkage allowed fitting of a Ducatis Monster rear shock.

I got as far as fitting up the EF half faired bodywork and then decided I didn't want to go down that route and decided to make a load more work for myself and make a replica of the older style GS750E .

Got a damaged tank and repaired it using lead loading and moved the petrol switch to clear the engine and removed the old filler and flap replacing it with a flush cap and filler neck from an old GS850 tank, picked up an old Guillari seat from a 550 and modified the brackets to fit the monoshock frame and had it recovered by Saddlecraft.

Even got as far as rebuilding the motor with new rings , camchain and tensioner plus gaskets and rebuilding the carbs with new gaskets and jets and test fitting a set of Bandit 600 clocks .

Then lost interest and parked it up at the back of the then newly built shed (in 2010) and proceeded to bury it under a load of crap and forget it was there .

Found it again when looking for something else and decided to dig it out and get started again, hopefully it will be ready for next year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 001 2.jpg
    001 2.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 406
  • 007 2.jpg
    007 2.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 392
  • 010 2.jpg
    010 2.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 386
  • 019 2.jpg
    019 2.jpg