Securing the bmw tank bag

shaunandco

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
Just wondering if anyone has a way of securing the tank bag to the bike when it is being left? Just about to do a tour of france and wondering about how to lock the bag in place when im off wondering about.
Thanks

Which ever way you look at it,the tank bag is only ever clipped on. I think it’s more designed as a carry with you bag. A simple cable lock would secure it to the bike but don’t leave valuables in it.

Security is always an issue with soft luggage. At least the tank bag quickly unzips for easy removal. A blessing and a curse TBH.

You could try a Pacsafe mesh cover but that risks paint damage as you'll not want to be fitting and removing it for every stop.

There's no decent way to secure it, as said Soft Luggage is a simple target. In my view if you look to secure the bag with something like the Pacsafe mesh, then that advertises that there's something in it worth taking and that would more likely draw attention to it.
I take the bag off if I can't see the bike on a stop. Even if I leave the bag on the bike, I have a simple dark t-shirt which I keep in the bag and cover it up - I also have a JBL speaker system mounted on top of my tank bag so it covers the bag and the farkle.

Where I've had empty panniers I lock it in the pannier (not as daft as it sounds if you don't want to lug the bag up to a hotel room for instance...)

But if I went without it where would i keep the ipod?!! Looking like no easy way to secure it then- unless i make something......:confused:

You could get a tank filler clip on "bag". Small enough to carry like a bumbag. Or just use a moby phone mount for the iPod. Even better, avoid the motorways and enjoy the bike in its natural habitat. You wont need the iPod.

Back
Top Bottom