Sheared bolt

All you need to buy is 6 & 5.

If you remove 3, 2 will slide off the remains of the sheared bolt (if it sheared part way down) but 2 & 3 should still be there.

If its sheared flush yes you will need a Cobalt drill bit.

So does bolt (number 6) pass through the bracket (number 2) and then screw into the final drive? Or does it just screw into the bracket, which itself is held on by bolt number 3?

Will you be using the rusty pliers :bounce1:bounce1

All you need to buy is 6 & 5.

If you remove 3, 2 will slide off the remains of the sheared bolt (if it sheared part way down) but 2 & 3 should still be there.

If its sheared flush yes you will need a Cobalt drill bit.

Thanks, but I don't have 2, it's missing.

I'll remove the hugger tomorrow and give it a good coat of looking at. Im guessing bolt 3 will still be there, but with the bracket having snapped off and lost, along with 6.

Bolt 3 secures 2 in place so if you have 3, 2 should still be there also. 6 & 5 are missing it should make sense when you remove the rear hugger.

If you ever get around to repairing it you need to put the bolt no6 through no2 and screw it into the final drive a little before tightening bolt no3 and it will all go together nicely when you fit the splash guard thingy.

If you ever get around to repairing it you need to put the bolt no6 through no2 and screw it into the final drive a little before tightening bolt no3 and it will all go together nicely when you fit the splash guard thingy.

+1 top tip :thumb2

Only just got the chance to remove the hugger thing, revealing the sheared bolt. Picking up the replacement bracket tomorrow.

Attachments

• E13CEC76-4ACD-4842-A3B3-822FD22CA37C.jpg
    E13CEC76-4ACD-4842-A3B3-822FD22CA37C.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 123
Only just got the chance to remove the hugger thing, revealing the sheared bolt. Picking up the replacement bracket tomorrow.

I Wonder how may people have removed the rear crud catcher and bracketry, and then replaced the rear caliper torx??

Only to find its not a blind hole and the torx bolt is bloody close, if not touching the disc?? ;)

I Wonder how may people have removed the rear crud catcher and bracketry, and then replaced the rear caliper torx??

Only to find its not a blind hole and the torx bolt is bloody close, if not touching the disc?? ;)

I put the whole lot aside for replacing later if I need to. I suspect that OEM bolt will touch the disc especially without washer. I used a shorter bolt with anti seize grease keeps the threads clean.

Back
Top Bottom