Stahlkoffer meets Cymarc

thebuyer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Now I’m going to be honest .... I hate a bike with a top box ... but sometimes needs must !!

So once I realised I needed one I purchased a small Stahlkoffer box... but really didn’t like there ideas for fixing it .... so it sat on the shelf in my garage for a few months gathering dust.

Then I saw Cymarc and there quality items, and came across there rack thingy... http://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/bmw-r1200gslc-adjustable-rack--adaptor-plate-199-p.asp.... so after speaking to them they sold me just the base plate and a bag of spacers and bolts... great I thought... a marriage made in heaven ... afraid not ... the plate stuck out either side of the box, and my OCD couldn’t cope with that...so it all went back on the shelf for a few months.

Now I really need it ... trip coming up ... so got the plate modified and powder coated .... ureka ....all fits perfect :thumb2, and actually doesn’t look to bad on the bike, in my opinion.... yes it wasn’t a cheap way to add a top box, but I like it.

Attachments

• A15132AC-EC70-45DC-95EF-C6FF290FFDEE.jpg
    A15132AC-EC70-45DC-95EF-C6FF290FFDEE.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 751
  • BE03D660-6B75-4671-B794-80EAFE23C299.jpg
    BE03D660-6B75-4671-B794-80EAFE23C299.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 745
  • 10EF8A78-1465-4D35-8224-47E6C0EAFE0E.jpg
    10EF8A78-1465-4D35-8224-47E6C0EAFE0E.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 735
Now I’m going to be honest .... I hate a bike with a top box ... but sometimes needs must !!

And now you have one, it will grow on you like it has grown on the bike...............

My 2nd hand Yellow topbox is a thing of beauty....

Mono key all the way IMO

Attachments

• 18F6D529-149B-44B4-90F3-5AE4160A427A.jpg
    18F6D529-149B-44B4-90F3-5AE4160A427A.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 455
O.... my .... god .... I’m going to be sick :barf

I’m going to have nightmares about that !!!

Before you are sick, I want you to imagine that you are a speed camera.

Think about the angle looking down at the bike as it passes, imagine if the owner also had a few stickers on the top rear of that number plate yellow top box that confuses your alogorythm based digital brain - Not totally confused but maybe confused just enough to auto select as not correctly read.

In a digital world where volume counts you only have to put a little fuck into the alogorythms to be passed by :D

Think about the angle looking down at the bike as it passes, imagine if the owner also had a few stickers on the top rear of that number plate yellow top box that confuses your alogorythm based digital brain - Not totally confused but maybe confused just enough to auto select as not correctly read.

In a digital world where volume counts you only have to put a little fuck into the alogorythms to be passed by :D

Your far too clever... but it’s still ugly :rolleyes:

Thats quite clever, especially if you put some letters on the top in the same font as a number plate that read UKGSER or R1200GS...

Would lobe to know if it would really confuse the cameras? I suspect it would take a photo anyway and a human would read the number plate?
However for average speed cameras it might work...

Thats quite clever, especially if you put some letters on the top in the same font as a number plate that read UKGSER or R1200GS...

Would lobe to know if it would really confuse the cameras? I suspect it would take a photo anyway and a human would read the number plate?
However for average speed cameras it might work...

...yes a picture would be taken but would a human then check it?

You see that’s the beauty of our capitalist world where everything is outsourced, it’s not about catching offenders it’s about processing fines, as many as you can as cheaply as you can. To achieve that you keep it digital and remove chances of error which leads to expensive human involved communication.

You set the algorithms to only proceed if it’s certain and you don’t have humans check the ones it’s not sure off because that’s another headcount to pay for and manage etc...

Back
Top Bottom